PDA

View Full Version : DMC Alien Servicing/Review

Hondamaster5505
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, ever since I bought it, my alien has been not maintained.

-Missing O-rings
-No Packing
-Broken Studs on back of canister

Well, we are in the process of servicing it back to new. I bought Moose fiberglass packing, we have o-rings sitting around, and we drilled out the broken studs and tapped it for new ones.

I also ordered a quiet core/spark arrestor.

When im done servicing, ill get a video with and without the quiet core.

UNBROKEN
04-19-2008, 10:19 PM
so those videos u took befor of ure alien had no packing , lol no wonder it was so loud and distoreted and sounded like chit

Hondamaster5505
04-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
so those videos u took befor of ure alien had no packing , lol no wonder it was so loud and distoreted and sounded like chit

LOL.

Well, it had no packing, and 3 leaks in different places because of the missing o-rings and broken studs.
Plus, to top it off, I had a camera that took crappy sound. Even as it was before the servicing, it sounded pretty cool but the camera made it sound completely different.

But anyways, today we're gonna finish the studs and tap out the holes for new bolts. She's gonna be airtight, and packed.

Oh, and polished:D

So i WILL take a video showing the comparison with and w/o the QC SA. This time, my dad bought me a Nikon digi camera, so I can have my own, which takes good sound, so it should sound better.

Hondamaster5505
04-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I finished today, and the end product is awesome!

Open:
With some packing and no leaks, its a little quieter, but also sounds MUCH deeper and just awesome. Its amazing how much more sick it sounds.

QC/SA:
I installed this after I rode the fo'hundy without it, and HOLY CRAP!:eek2: It's so much quieter its not even funny. Still has a real nice sound, yet so quiet that its not obnoxious at all. Only downfall, I lost a little top-end. What quietcore doesn't though?

Ill get vids soon