PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Hondamaster5505
04-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, there's an idea I have been thinking about lately...

My banshee is still undergoing an overhaul. We basically just need a stator before tear down, when we will overhaul everything. (Refer to other thread)

I noticed occasionally I see a YFZ450 roller for sale.

Now, here's my dilema:

Should I build a hybrid? I always thought it would be sick as hell to have banshee power/powerband in a modern technology, good handling chassis.
So not only would it handle better, it would kinda be a one-off since you never really see YFZ hybrids riding around, lol.
People wouldn't know what to think.

I have EVERYTHING I need as far as drivechain goes. Engine, electronics, radiator, carbs, etc. This is because I have my banshee waiting to be re-done.

Before I go any further on my overhaul, im considering making this hybrid. I just have to find a chassis, and the rest is easy for us.

What do you think?

Dinner
04-19-2008, 05:35 PM
It can be done.

There is a fella on BansheeHQ that is almost done/or is done his Banshee powered YFZ. He has done a real nice job on it, nice and clean. You can pretty much do whatever you want, swap this into that, etc if you have the skills and tools:D

It would probably run a lot smoother, handle better, all of that than a stock banshee chasis. I will try to find that thread and see if he has gotten a ride on it yet or not.

Hondamaster5505
04-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Dinner
It can be done.

There is a fella on BansheeHQ that is almost done/or is done his Banshee powered YFZ. He has done a real nice job on it, nice and clean. You can pretty much do whatever you want, swap this into that, etc if you have the skills and tools:D

It would probably run a lot smoother, handle better, all of that than a stock banshee chasis. I will try to find that thread and see if he has gotten a ride on it yet or not.

I know it can be done, I seen one on youtube before. Thats why I wanna build one so bad, lol.

Can you do me a favor? Keep your eyes peeled for a YFZ or Raptor 700 rollin chassis, that would be great.

I wish I would have jumped on Little Rippers Dad's roller. He was letting it go for $500:grr:

My problem right now is trying to find one...

Dinner
04-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
I know it can be done, I seen one on youtube before. Thats why I wanna build one so bad, lol.

Can you do me a favor? Keep your eyes peeled for a YFZ or Raptor 700 rollin chassis, that would be great.

I wish I would have jumped on Little Rippers Dad's roller. He was letting it go for $500:grr:

My problem right now is trying to find one...

Yea I'll see if I find anything for around your area.