PDA

View Full Version : What a nice guy...........

Rich250RRacer
04-18-2008, 10:59 PM
A couple months ago, I came across an ATV salvage dealer out of PA who sells on eBay. He had four low hour, clean, original 250R's up for auction, one of each year, and they appeared to be 100% stock. The 86 and 87 were close to $5000 the last time I saw them, the 88 and 89 were in the area of $7000. None of them met reserve. Now, everyone is entitled to do whatever them want with their own vehicles, I personally don't agree with parting out nice original examples of these quads, but to each their own. This guy decided to part them. He has sold off a few of the HIGH demand items and has been relisting the rest over and over again, and it doesn't seem like he's having much luck. To me it's a shame that these quads have been torn down and are now missing a few pieces here and there that would be needed to make them complete again. I decided to write and ask him if it was more profitable to part them or if he would have been better off leaving them whole. Here's my emails to him and his replies to me.

Dear sport-atv-salvage,
I don't want to be judgemental on your methods of selling, but I saw all four 250R's that you had up for sale and they were all very nice, clean originals. It seems to me like you're going to be sitting on alot of parts that have very little demand when you're done with these auctions and missing a few crucial parts that would be needed to put them back together. It just doesn't seem you're even going to come close to your original high bids on these quads with the few parts you do sell. Perhaps you would have been better off putting them in storage for a few years and wait for the market on them to rebound, I'm sure by that time you would have had collectors knocking down your door to get them. I really hate seeing clean examples of these quads being torn apart just to sell a few parts off them. But that's just one person's opinion, good luck with your auctions.
- rich250rracer

Dear rich250rracer,
you're opinion is very incorrect, these all brought much more in parts, we have 13 more in even better condition so don't really care, we really hate long winded people with too much time on their hands send stupid emails like their opinion matters
- sport-atv-salvage

Dear sport-atv-salvage,
Well, I was just wondering if it was really profitable to sell them this way, since I've seen that a lot of the parts from these quads of yours have gone unsold. Like I said in the previous email, I wasn't trying to be judgemental on your selling practices, in fact it was under my recommendation to a friend to buy the calipers you had from one of them. I hope your attitude isn't the same with all your buyers.
- rich250rracer

Dear rich250rracer,
shove your opinion and buy elsewhere
- sport-atv-salvage

Do you think I struck a nerve?

Pappy
04-18-2008, 11:07 PM
LMFAO...just slightly!

400ex28
04-18-2008, 11:11 PM
wow. :ermm:

WatersRacing
04-18-2008, 11:18 PM
You went and gave him negative feedback on ebay right? I would.

my88r
04-18-2008, 11:28 PM
i know i wont buy from this guy. I HOPE OTHERS WONT EITHER!!!!!!

wilkin250r
04-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by WatersRacing
You went and gave him negative feedback on ebay right? I would.

Why? That would be really childish.

The seller didn't ship late, didn't fail to respond to emails, did not ship the wrong product, nor did he misrepresent his products.

You don't like what he's selling, that's your business. But it would be really immature to ruin his feedback rating simply because you don't like the fact that he's parting out the quads. They're his quads, it's his choice, he can sell them as he sees fit.

hawood
04-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Why? That would be really childish.

The seller didn't ship late, didn't fail to respond to emails, did not ship the wrong product, nor did he misrepresent his products.

You don't like what he's selling, that's your business. But it would be really immature to ruin his feedback rating simply because you don't like the fact that he's parting out the quads. They're his quads, it's his choice, he can sell them as he sees fit.

True, but he's an a-hole so who cares

muddy400EX
04-19-2008, 12:22 AM
wow that guys a douchebag!

04-19-2008, 12:31 AM
yeah you just pissed him off cuz lot off people most likly told him that an your right an he most likly lost alot of money... but he sounds like a dick

04-19-2008, 12:34 AM
yeah people can part out there R's all they want... i will never even sell mine. i want to have 4 R's! or maybe more

Mxjunkie
04-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Just imagine how much money he'd make if he sold every one of them to a collector or honda nut.. He'll I've seen clean 86's and 88's go for almost 7500-8000! :o

BlaineKaiser450
04-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
wow that guys a douchebag!

400exrider707
04-19-2008, 06:25 PM
After reading all of that, seems like you brought it on yourself. The guy is probably really busy selling parts, and getting emails about parts, I doubt he wants to hear someone else's opinion on how to sell his stuff. Do you like when your passengers tell you how to drive your car? I know I hate it... JMO, though he probably would have been better off just not responding at all. My guess is your email wasn't the only one like it he got.:ermm: