PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rolling YFZ/KFX/LTR/Can-Am chassis!

Hondamaster5505
04-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guys.

Im thinking about making a 450-Banshee hybrid. My banshee is non-running right now, but all it needs is a stator. I wanted to take all of the components I need off of it and build a 450 chassis banshee.

Im looking for one on the cheap side, and I also have stuff to trade.

Let me know what you have?

j28d
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds like a good idea, let me know how it works out. I've been kicking around the idea of building a lonestar outlaw banshee for a couple of years, I just can't find a frame cheap. I planned on using my R suspension, and getting some passion racing detuned cheetah cubs to have the ultimate woods banshee. Good luck with the project, if it doesn't take too much work I'll probably go that route.

Hondamaster5505
04-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by j28d
Sounds like a good idea, let me know how it works out. I've been kicking around the idea of building a lonestar outlaw banshee for a couple of years, I just can't find a frame cheap. I planned on using my R suspension, and getting some passion racing detuned cheetah cubs to have the ultimate woods banshee. Good luck with the project, if it doesn't take too much work I'll probably go that route.

Thanks. Im not even sure if im going that route, only if i find a good enough deal on a rolling chassis.

What gave me the idea was the YFZ450 on youtube with a banshee engine in it.

Hondamaster5505
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Will also except raptor 700 chassis.

Basically, any 450 except honda, or a rappy 700.

04-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Whats wrong with a honda 450 chassis?

Hondamaster5505
04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
Whats wrong with a honda 450 chassis?

There's nothing wrong with them, and this isn't a strike against Honda riders, but I just don't like the way they feel. JMHO.

I love the way the YFZ feels, and I would love to keep it all yamaha, so thats why im opting for a YFZ/Raptor chassis.

Either that, or if I come across a KFX450/LTR450/DS chassis, then ill consider it.

I guess i would consider a 450r, just isn't my top choice.

04-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh lol yea you should just get whatever chassis you can find like 250r or 400ex or something if you want to go cheap and then just mod it with a arms and crap.

Hondamaster5505
04-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
Oh lol yea you should just get whatever chassis you can find like 250r or 400ex or something if you want to go cheap and then just mod it with a arms and crap.

lol

personally, i can care less about the 400ex chassis. Its good, but nothing i would want to ditch the banshee chassis for.

Everyone raves how great they are, but to me they are only good. They're excellent for trails, thats how i see it.
Plus, i cant afford to get a chassis and a-arms/axle/suspension.