PDA

View Full Version : 400ex some pics

DementeD
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM
well i was going to post my header wrap in another thread..but i figured after i painted a few small things id just post a couple pics of how it sits now in here..

i also plan to remove the dg nerf bars..take off the old nets..paint them black and install new red nets...just having trouble gettin the right side peg loosened..ive broke one allan key and twisted two more...

first i painted my ac front bumper black

DementeD
04-18-2008, 02:46 PM
back axle black

DementeD
04-18-2008, 02:47 PM
header wrapped

trx400EXtreme
04-18-2008, 02:59 PM
looks good, glad to see the header wrap worked out for ya.:macho

Honda#4
04-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Quad looks good with the axle done up, how do you like the nerfs? I didnt care for them to much they seemed to flex when you steped on them and all the mounting spots rusted being that there steel.

DementeD
04-18-2008, 03:56 PM
(nerfs) Ya i definitely painted the rusted steel already..then i decided i might as well paint the whole thing..with the red netting itll look nice..

as far as do i like them?...ahh..not really..they definitely flex but they serve there purpose i suppose and they were on the bike when i got it..

the axle does look a lot better imo..it was stock and had some rust on it...so i figured blk would look good..then i decided to do the bumper as well..so far i think it looks pretty good definitely a way to go though before its beautiful...

thanks for the compliments..and the header wrap works SO well..i highly recommend it..i rode for about 5 hrs and not once noticed the heat from the pipe..loved it..

Honda#4
04-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Interested in some brand new Motorworks nerfs when I recieve them? they'll bolt on to your pegs. I found some Roll nerfs that I want and I had aleady boughten Motorworks nerfs from Rocky Mountain so I need to sell these now to buy the Roll's.

DementeD
04-18-2008, 04:44 PM
honestly i wanna put money other places instead of replacing parts ya know..they will work for now even though they arent the best..

ill upgrade nerfs when i feel need ya know.
Id rather just paint them and buy new nets then move onto other things like new plastics :D

Honda#4
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
I understand if you wanna spend it on other stuff who doesnt, I'll just postem up for sale no big deal.

Tip- When you do get the footpeg bolts loosened put antiseize on the threads then they'll be easier to get off next time.

DementeD
04-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I understand if you wanna spend it on other stuff who doesnt, I'll just postem up for sale no big deal.

Tip- When you do get the footpeg bolts loosened put antiseize on the threads then they'll be easier to get off next time.

thanks for the tip and good luck on ur sale..

Honda#4
04-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks man, good luck on painting your nerfs.

Hatchman
04-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I like the black, looks good!