PDA

View Full Version : Help on how to install the slipper sprocket on Apex 90

grillbutt
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi all,

help needed !

I have on 2007 Apex 100, it came with the tranny saver upgrade (brass bush upgrade), but not with the slipper sprocket.

I have ordered the sprocket upgrade kit, it does come with some bits of kit that I already had, so it looks like I just need to bolt on the clutched sprocket kit.

can anyone tell me what order the assembly goes on , I have the back of the sprocket carrier, with two abrasive discs a metal disc and the the sprocket.

do I put the abrasive discs inbetween the carrier and the metal disc or do I alternate them ?

ie
carrier -abrashive disc - metal disc - abrashive disc - then sprocket and just bolt on ????

or
carrier -abrashive disc - abrashive disc - metal disc - then sprocket and just bolt on ???? this one seems to fit better but, doesn't look feel right

I guess its not meant to feel a tight fit because there has to be movement for it to work but ..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

help

cheers

Ben

grillbutt
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
thanks Wayne. sorted ;)

miniquadmom99
10-02-2009, 02:47 PM
We are installing slipper sprocket but were the bolt goes on it only has a couple threads left for the bolt. Doesn't seem right. Can someone please help?

hookedonpain
10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
The slipper sprocket will not work with the case saver,without some modifications.

tyler70t
10-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Check your pm's. And the last person was correct, if you didn't order a slipper sprocket for a quad with the case saver you will either need to modify the set up you have or call Wiley Mods, he makes awesome slipper sprockets and it will fit right on.