PDA

View Full Version : Rath Racing

elementryder
04-18-2008, 07:31 AM
i was looking in the next edition of quad magazine and seen the daryl rath bike and was looking at the list of mods and there was a frame mod that lowered the engine and a subframe mod that lowered the sub frame it seems like an amazing idea i was just wondering if anybody had this done and what they think about it and would it be legal in a production class?

oh and im deffinantly getting the carbon fiber motor mounts:devil:

patrickj75
04-18-2008, 11:19 AM
alot of those mods are because its a TT bike. lowering the motor lowers the center of gravity to help with cornering. i believe its legal. he changed the motor mounts but didn't alter the frame.

carbon fiber = lightweight!

Ex_Rider43
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM
There is not much info on lowering engines in the frames but this is something interesting , are you sure that he didnt modified the frame ? I might be wrong but to 'lower' it you will need mod the frame in the pivot bolt area , and the different motor mounts like you said.

Subframe might be easier , i guess they cut the lower mounting brackets and weld some new ones to the subframe.

4bidden
04-18-2008, 03:51 PM
My buddy has a Jeremy Lawson Walsh quad and it has the engine lowered. The pivot bolt area where it goes through the engine is all drilled out and raised so the engine can sit lower.

esr250r86
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Are you talking about Jeff Dycks honda?

4bidden
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Yea Michael. Take a look at it sometime.

patrickj75
04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I asked Daryl to do that to my Honda last year. He said its very time consuming so I didn't go thru with it. He told me to be legal for the EDT Pro and Pro/Am classes you couldn't modify the frame.

Ex_Rider43
04-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 4bidden
My buddy has a Jeremy Lawson Walsh quad and it has the engine lowered. The pivot bolt area where it goes through the engine is all drilled out and raised so the engine can sit lower.

sounds sick , you should get some pictures of that.

honda4life72
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
i've seen a few tt bikes done like this . then just rotat the motor forwards. the pivot bolt is still the same they just make new bottom mounts for the motor in the front and dont run the top ones. to much work for so little

patrickj75
04-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
i've seen a few tt bikes done like this . then just rotat the motor forwards. the pivot bolt is still the same they just make new bottom mounts for the motor in the front and dont run the top ones. to much work for so little

it makes a difference when you combine it with carbon fiber and titanium parts to lighten the bike up. when you run Pro class you can't give anything away so, if one guy does it most everybody else will.

honda4life72
04-20-2008, 08:21 AM
yea, i sure it would help in the pro class becasue of how tight the competion is. but i dont think the thread poster runs the pro class :D