PDA

View Full Version : HLS Suspension?

blacknblue#2
04-17-2008, 10:01 PM
im not really interested but i have been keepin an eye on this HLS suspension just for the heck of it. Anyone out there have it yet. I see they only have it released for a few models. Its pretty much a GTT shock so i was thinkin if someone was gonna do it to a 450 they are better to just stick with their factory shock body?? imo? But i have to say from experience Laz knows his suspension so i look for it to do good?? Not meaning to sound like an idiot or nothing just bored at work and thought i would see if there is anyone trying these HLS shocks yet lol.

bradley300
04-18-2008, 12:59 PM
the HLS shocks are concentrated on quads with out rebuildable shocks, thats why the quad in all the pics is a raptor 250, not a 450. he says on the 450's rebuilt stockers is still the way to go. i'm sure he can make a set of HLS shocks for one if you ask tho. he is also making them for mini's and having really good results with DRR mini quads at the local MX in nothern ohio

the one downside is they seem very ride type specific. mine are valved for XC and really arent good on any kind of jump over about 3 feet of air. If you want a more versatile shock tho, you just have to say so and he can build it that way, so you relly need to just be specific when he ask what type of riding.

i've ridden on my HLS shocks for a few good days of riding and i can honestly say there is nothing better out there, at least not that i have ridden. ive run the following set ups and quads

300ex stock a-arms elka dual rate no adjust

blaster burgaurd +2+1 a-arms works dual rate w/ rez no adjust

blaster Laeger +3+1 LT Elka tripple rate w/ rez, comp adjust

blaster SMS +3+1 LT Elka tripple rate w/ rez, comp adjust

predator TLD stock a-arms stock fox shocks, sinlge rate comp adjust

YFZ450 GTT/ATV Fourplay XC a-arms, GTT stock dual rate rebuilds (these didnt have the same hi-flow pistons that are currently available for stocm rebuilds, and come in HLS shocks)

Raptor 250 SMS +3+2 LT a-arms, HLS dual rate shocks, no rez, no adjust

the raptor is easily the best feeling quad of all those front end set ups. it soaks up tons of bumps without being soft enuff that the body rolls in the corners, bottoming resistance is real good also. mine dont have rez's so i was worried about them fading, but i just went on a long ride last weekend and didnt have any problem at all with them. i would definatly recomend them to anyone