PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Buy

quad97
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
One of my friends has a 1987 banshee that he would really like to get rid of. He bought it not running. Messed with it for a long time before finnally letting me get it running for him. I narrowed it down to a CDI box. We tried a CDI off another banshee and it ran fine. It has new crank bearings, seals, pistons, Toomey pipes, axle, plastic, and wheels and tires. Frame and other chassis components are in good shape. It still needs a new CDI-$125.00, new clutch basket and plates at the very least-$300.00, and a new brake master cylinder-I have a used one to put on it. The machine ran great when I put the other CDI on it, but it got a new problem when it was running. It stuck in second gear and he had to tear the motor all apart to fix it, I have not yet seen the open tranny but he said he cannot find what made it stick in gear.

Is there a cause that you guys can think of off of the top of your heads? What do you think it would be worth if I wanted to buy it from him?

Hondamaster5505
04-17-2008, 08:17 PM
The trans problem is probable just a bent shifting fork. If he power-shifted a lot and rode the balls off of it I see the bent shifting fork very possible.
Either that or the trans is shot.

If it's just a bent shifting fork, I would say it's probably worth about $950, depending on where you live. If the trans is shot, probably like $600.

These are only estimates.