PDA

View Full Version : 08 ltr trouble

kfx400rider03
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
tthe other day rideing i smelt gas. when i stopped i smelt it more.so i loiked around my gas tank. no leaks. i tilted it up on the grab bar and gas came pouring out but not from the hose on the gas cap.i took the plastics off around the gas tank. its coming from this thing thats in the gas tank and has 2 wires going to it. its loose and i know a fix for it but i was woundering if a warrenty cover that. i never crashed it never flipped it so i dont know how it would come loose. and there is no way to tighen it that i can figure out.

Bkillerp
04-17-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure if I understand completely, but if it's comming from the top right of the tank (where the two-prong connector plugs in if you'r sitting on the bike) It should be under warranty. I would ***** up a storm if the dealer disagreed. There is no reason that an electrial connection should leak unless the seal is faulty from Suzuki. Take it in man, and DON'T PAY A DIME! That's my opinion.

kfx400rider03
04-18-2008, 12:44 PM
i just got off the phone with them explaining what happened they said they will take care of it but i have to wait 1 and a half weeks cause they are busy :mad:

Bkillerp
04-18-2008, 02:57 PM
What a pain! I hate when they pull that. I bet they didn't tell you they were too busy and to come back in a week and a half when you showed up to the thing from them. I notice that this is usually the case when it comes to any kind of warrenty work. Well, at least you know it's going to get taken care of I guess. Good luck!

kfx400rider03
04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
yea i kno im glad its getting fixed for free just its been so nice out lately. i still ride it but i went threw 3/4 tank in about 4 hours of riding

o and btw stock brakes how long would you think they would last???
mine are only 2 months old and down to metal already

Bkillerp
04-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow! Really? Are you hard on your breaks? I've ran mine for 2 seasons in the sand and they are fine. I did get an aftermarket rear rotor, but not because I needed it, because I wanted it. Then I found out you have to pull the rear axel to replace the rotor. Pretty stupid I think, but have to pull the rear axel to get it straightened out any way, so I'm not too bumed about it.

kfx400rider03
04-19-2008, 09:54 AM
thats alot of work to just replace a rotar.
and no i manly use my front brakes idk y my back brakes a worn down so much already. do you think it could be because i stioll hav the parkinng brake hooked up?

660LE
04-20-2008, 04:39 PM
could be from a bent rotor and or the p-brake still hooked up to.

roll the quad back an forth an see if you hear a squeaking noise

kfx400rider03
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
yep the rotor is bent but not realy bad how long would new brakes last with the bent rotor and the parking brake off

Bkillerp
04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
On a bent rotor, they will probably last about as long as the pads you're replacing now did. You should probably just think about replacing the rotor, even though it's a pain! I would defiantly remove the parking break too. That thing in pointless anyway.

If you need instructions on removing the axel and rotor, I can e-mail them to you.

Bpenrod
04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
that part where it is leaking gas is tightened from the inside of the gas tank...

kfx400rider03
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
How???
Are you talking about the low fuel sensor???
cause that just has a cap that cplamps on and the sensor it self is the thing that is loose and i took it out and there are no threads to tighen it
i think a gasket is missing