PDA

View Full Version : Sellers - Help us help you

racerdad88
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I have been buying on this forum and a couple of others for a few months now. I am the kind of buyer that only will try to buy a particular item from one seller at a time. I do not pm or post to two or more sellers at the same time on an item (for an example let's say an exhaust)and pit them against each other or see who responds first. That is wasting your time as if I say I will buy the exhaust from you and buy it from another seller who pm's me first, you may have lost a sale to another buyer.All I ask in return is for you to pm or post back to me in a TIMELY fashion as while I am waiting for your response, I am missing out on that same brand exhaust that another seller has because you don't check your post or pm's for days or weeks, or sell the item to another and don't inform the others and then delete your post. I have pm's and posts in to sellers right now that are going on a week or so old and they have responded to none of them yet. In the mean time others are selling the same item and I haven't tried to buy from them because I am still waiting for others to reply to me.Please be courteous to us buyers. Thanks guys. :confused:

wilkin250r
04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
And another pet peeve of mine. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it bothers other people as well.

As a seller, you have a set price in your head that you're willing to accept. A deal-or-no-deal price. So give us a starting point. If you're set price is $100, then list it for $150 and let's start a negotiation.

Nothing bugs me more than "Make an offer". Okay, you want an offer, how about 12 cents. If that's not good enough, then YOU make a starting point. You're the one selling it, you're the one with the price in your head, so YOU start things off.

racerdad88
04-18-2008, 05:06 AM
I agree with that also. We as buyers can also help by being timely with our responses and payments also.

04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
yeah i like to get things out as soon as i can cuz i know what its like sitting there an still dont have the part in like 3 weeks... i sent a money order for $260 an for 3 weeks i was like damn then he called an said he for got an was out of town... i ended up getting the parts but 3 weeks 4 days later