PDA

View Full Version : Apex 90 Liquid LT Impressions

FISH ON!
04-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Ok, the new LT has been out there for some races now. I'd like to know how you like it straight out of the box and how available are the are the after market racing parts (motor and suspension)?

Feel free to throw in your $0.02 worth on how it compares to the DRX. I'm in the market for one of the two.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

ecmini1
04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
the LTs are great out of the box. You cant compare them to the drx stock for stock. The LT is in a diffrent class in stock form.
If your going for a race type platform the LT is the best bang for the buck.

Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a drr its great starter bike for someone that races now and again.

You know what your plans are for the future just compair the list of options on both along with price. fit it to your needs. Cant go wrong with either machine.

yfz450ba
04-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Just look at the race results at GNCC. Stock Lt's in the top 10, from 2, 3 and 4 lines back. http://www.racer-results.net/results/gncc/2008/overall.asp?e=28&r=4&s=6

bulldogfallon
04-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Interesting post

Should I post the results for the ATVA 90cc CVT class from KY?

Those beginner riders sure make the most of their "now and again" riding on their "starter bikes"

I know that the rider is what really puts the brands on the podium, but since someone else mentioned results I figured I would throw that in for fun.

Good luck in your search and I am sure it will be whats best for your rider.

FISH ON!
04-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've looked at a lot of 90 CVT results from GNCC to MX and it looked like a draw to me. I'm kinda leaning toward the Apex LT mainly for the reasons ecmini mentioned. I have to off load a 4 month old quad that didn't turn out to be what we expected and I'm just trying to do my homework this time.

bulldogfallon
04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Can Am didn't work out for you as expected?

bulldogfallon
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Considering your strict rules in that class the Apex may be the best choice. If the performance is as good as the specs.

Keep us posted

born2ride14
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
you might wanna gusset the frame.
apex has terrible welds
there was a new apex 90 lt at the track this weekend and the kid broke the rear shock mount on the frame.
he was not jumping hard or anything. weird