PDA

View Full Version : K&N filter

DementeD
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I've noticed on the poll thread on here about the best filter..one complaint about the k&n was how it went into the the pipe to the carb

i believe someone said that because of it going in instead of over it allows dirt to get into the intake easier?

well im just curious if this is somewhat correct?

if so i have an extra k&n that i received when i bought the bike off a friend ..the extra filter i believe was for a 450 though and is a cone shape...well for the hell of it i test fitted it and it actually fits over the intake nicely..so i figure imma clean it up and try it since it fits in there without a problem

just basically wanted to throw this information out there and see if this is beneficial to anyone and whats ur opinions etc on it..

Pipeless416
04-17-2008, 04:28 PM
i think the only problem with that is getting it to stay. since k&n's have metal outlets, how do you clamp it? a clamp on the outside wouldn't do anything to compress it onto the boot.

DementeD
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
oh u think the boot would compress and not stay on?

never thought about that..hmm

tar
04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by DementeD
oh u think the boot would compress and not stay on?

never thought about that..hmm

No he's saying that since the K&N's have a metal boot that you won't be able to tighten it down to the airbox.

DementeD
04-17-2008, 05:46 PM
oh my bad i half read it and i guess went on with my own idea of a problem..

ill still try it

BigBore24
04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
if you have an extra k&n you dont mind ruining you could cut the metal rim off of it and use it as a sleeve inside the boot to tighten down onto