PDA

View Full Version : HELP! LTR STUCK IN FIRST GEAR and WILL NOT SHIFT!

Bkillerp
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know what could have caused this? Has this happened to any one?

I was working on my LTR in the garage last weekend. All I was doing was pulling the plastics so I could begin to run wiring for an accent light kit. To keep the LTR from rolling, I pulled in the clutch and dropped it into first gear. After that, I ran my lights and put the plastics back on. I once again pulled in the clutch to pop the bike into Neutral so I could roll it back to it's "parking spot". For no reason at all, the bike stuck in first gear. I tried to ride it around the block and shift, but the shift lever won't budge. I've checked the oil level and it's fine. I've adjusted the clutch in and out as far as it could go, but still get the same result. Before I start tearing into the case, I was wondering if you all have any suggestions for an easy fix. I really don’t want to pull the clutch and all that stuff apart.

racedad70
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
May as well buy you a shift pin relocator,it sounds like it broke.These bikes are proned to this.

quadmonkey
04-17-2008, 06:58 PM
In his signature is shows he has the shift pin.

I had sorta this same problem, and up under the shift pin area, there was a nut that was lose and caused this.

Bkillerp
04-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes, I should have mentioned that. I do have the shift pin relocater installed. What else could it be? I'm glad I have a valid warranty. They can dea with it if worses comes to worse I guess!

quadmonkey
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The area circled is where the nut is that caused mine to stick in one gear. You may want to check it.

Bkillerp
04-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Awsome! Thank you, I'll take a look.

quadmonkey
04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Bkillerp
Awsome! Thank you, I'll take a look.

Were you able to figure out what the problem was?

Bkillerp
04-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Not yet. I haven't had the time to pull it apart. I've been busy trying to put two other vehicles back together. Hopefully I can get into it this weekend.

diangelo#67
04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
yeah your gonna need to do at least a once over on the trans before you buy anything. Mine got stuck in first entering the whoops @daniel boone during the wpsa. 3500 bucks later I replaced everything except 5th gear and one shift fork

cases all that was gone,............wow

Bkillerp
04-21-2008, 07:46 PM
OUCH! Luckily mine wasen't running when it happened so hopefully nothing is tore up real bad. At any rate I have a warentee, so I'll let the dealership deal with it.