PDA

View Full Version : Problem with starting.....

Fast-n-Furious
11-25-2002, 04:30 PM
Well I went out to ride today and hit the starter and nothing happend except a winding sound down where the starter is on the engine. It wasn't turning over at all and i don't know whats wrong. I think it might be my starter but i am not sure. Anyone had this happen and know what it is or at least what i could be?Thanks

Fast-n-Furious
11-25-2002, 07:35 PM
I just went out and banged the **** out of the starter and all it did was make that winding sound still. Does anyone know how much a new starter is??

jerry-89-250R
11-25-2002, 07:41 PM
check ebay there was 1 on there sunday,

jerry-89-250R
11-25-2002, 07:48 PM
if your starter is spinning it sounds like the starter clutch is bad and not the starter, you need too make sure before you buy a starter and find the problem is still there

Fast-n-Furious
11-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Yeah i think i am gonna take it to the honda place around here and get them to look at it and tell me what is wrong so i wont replace anything that doesnt need to be replaced.

jerry-89-250R
11-25-2002, 08:57 PM
it sounds like the starter clutch from what you have said, if the starter is really spinning, there's a gear with a one way clutch on the back of the flywheel, the starter turns that gear too turn the motor over, if the clutch in that gear goes out the gear spins either way, your starter is spinning that gear but not turning the flywheel