PDA

View Full Version : Parts shipped/should be there today 4-17-08

tazman7
04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey pappy,

I have wrote you a couple of pm's and im not sure if you have got them or not. But I shipped my frame, subframe, subframe brace, engine mounts back and they should be there today.

Still wanting to see some different color options in green if thats possible.
Let me know, thanks Todd

Pappy
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
i wasnt planning on returning the pm's until I actually recieved the frame back....it gets kind of pointless pm'ing about stuff i cant comment on until the parts arrive etc.

you will have to look through the colors thread to see pictures, that is all I have.

tazman7
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Frame, subframe, subframe brace, and that hose cover all granny smith green

engine mounts-high gloss white.

That steering stem seal is still in it, charge me to take it out if you want.

thanks!

Pappy
04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Everything arrived...will head to strippers on monday

I will also be shooting a Z400 probably tomwoorw in Granny so I will get a few pics of it just to make sure

tazman7
04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Awesome, sounds good. Cant wait to get it back. Thanks pappy!

tazman7
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
hey just wondering how my frame is coming along and also wondering if you ever took pics of that green frame you did?

i am 99.99% sure i want granny smith green but would like to see another frame if possible. thanks

Pappy
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
your parts at the strippers, and they should be ready for me at the end of this week or the begining of next. the rain here the past few days has the air so humid that i wont be shooting anything until atleast wednesday.

and just to add, my son went through surgery tonight from a wreck friday night so if i dont reply immediatley its due to being at the hospital

tazman7
04-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Ok thanks for the update, sorry to hear about your son.

tazman7
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Just wondering if you recieved my frame back and shot it yet?

Pappy
04-24-2008, 03:25 PM
no, i do not expect it until atleast monday seeing that i did not get a pick up call today. i will get on it as soon as it is ready for me, thats the best i can do.

tazman7
04-25-2008, 06:15 AM
sorry just getting a little anxious since my quad has been apart for about a month now.

tazman7
04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Just curious if i should be seeing it this week sometime? Trying to get another crew together for this upcoming weekends race.

Thanks-:cool:

Pappy
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
depends on when it comes back from stripping

tazman7
04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Just wondering if you got it from the strippers today?

Can you explain why it is taking so long to recieve this thing back? I mean you have had the frame for 11 days now, by this time the last time I sent it to you I would have had it back by now?

Sorry to sound like a jerk but the last time you had a 10 day turn around and you havent even recieved it back from the strippers in the 10 days you have had it, I think its time to put some fire under the stippers *** if you know what I mean.

Pappy
04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I recieved the frame on the 17th(thursday) ...around 6 pm

The strippers is not open on fridays saturdays or sundays. It was sent there on that monday the 21st. They have had it for 5 working days. And seeing that it is powder coated it will require a different stripping process then when you originally sent it with stock paint. ( I expect it back tuesday or wednesday)

I do not rush work and I am sure you are anxious to get back out riding. And in the past 11 days (including weekends) I have been dealing with my sons surgery, however this has had no effect on getting your work done, it just added to the stress level around here. Infact, even if the frame was completed, your new color choice has not yet arrived and isnt due here until tomorrow. I dont offer up excuses, just trying to tell it like it is.

tazman7
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Any word on the frame?

tazman7
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
What is the deal with my frame? This is really starting to piss me off.

It is May 1st and you have had it since 6pm on the 17th of April, it doesnt take more than a week for the stripping company to strip my frame, they arent going to work on something for that long for $60.

Pappy
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Well seeing I picked it up at 5pm tonight i would say it did take them that long. And your starting to piss me off to the point you are about to get sent back a box full of stripped parts.

You let me know what direction to take, fixing your screw up is not worth dealing with your attitude.

tazman7
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Look, I sent the frame to you to powdercoat a month ago, so I have been without it for a month now. The only reason I sent it to you in the first place is because of the way people rant and rave about your work on this site. Granted you do nice work but you know how the situation went down and im not agreeing nor disagreeing with your statement about it being MY screw up.

It shouldnt take the stripping company 8 business days to strip a frame. Thats rediculous!

Just get my frame done and please get it back to me. Thats all I am asking.

Pappy
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I am glad you are so versed in the stripping process and how business evols only around your job.

Make your payment as soon as you can, it is done and waiting on you

tazman7
05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
money has been sent.

bwamos
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Not to be a butt, but he received the frame on 4/17. Today is 5/2. That's an 11 working day turn around, not a month.

The stripping company like any other industrial entity would run batches. It is the most cost effective. And, the misc batches that would include small orders like ATV frames would probably only be run once a week and even then there's be a limited capacity before it got bumped to the next batch.

Pappy
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Not to be a butt, but he received the frame on 4/17. Today is 5/1. That's an 11 working day turn around, not a month.

The stripping company like any other industrial entity would run batches. It is the most cost effective. And, the misc batches that would include small orders like ATV frames would probably only be run once a week and even then there's be a limited capacity before it got bumped to the next batch.

Bingo....and in that 11 days we have 2 weekends which this time of year I try and not work in the shop. I did however travel to a national, worked over 50 hours starting 4 am saturday morning until 4 am monday morning, got my son home from emergency surgery AND still kept my work flowing the best I could.

Trust me, I hate waiting like anyone else, but I hate more being told how to run my business. The work can go elsewhere, I do it my way period. Taz will see his frame next week and hopefully be satisfied, I can only do my best no matter who *****es

tazman7
05-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Not to be a butt, but he received the frame on 4/17. Today is 5/2. That's an 11 working day turn around, not a month.

bwamos- Not to sound like a dick but he has had my frame two times now, thats the reason I said it has been a month.I sent it to him on 3-31-08 the first time and then resent it to him on 4-17-08. This is between Pappy and I so there is no need for you to make comments so take your $0.02 elsewhere.

Sorry pappy, I didnt know that the stripping company runs stuff in batches, if you would have told me that a week ago I might not have got to be so pissy. looking forward to getting my frame. thanks.

Is there anyway I can get a tracking number so I can try to be home on the eta? thanks.

Pappy
05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Here is the granny smith green, worlds apart from candy green.

everything is boxed and will ship on monday, i will post the tracking # when the shiping info is entered

(Fed Ex 693967610001084)

Golden2
05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
nice work pappy

tazman7
05-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I recieved the frame today and it looks great! I love it.

Ill send you some pics when its all put back together so if you want to add them to your finished bike thread.

Thanks again!

Pappy
05-08-2008, 01:19 AM
cool beans

I have to get back to adding more quads to that thread...I forget sometimes:p

tazman7
05-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Well here she is, ready to rip again!
Please add to your build list.

After I get my other camera back ill send you another one, this was just a crappy cell phone pic.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l65/sprtslvr785/0525081304a.jpg

05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
you keepin blue plastic?

tazman7
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah...why wouldnt I?

Pappy
06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Looks good

I wasnt super thrilled about the combo when you posted the picture, however a few days ago I did another frame in this color and it was sitting next to yfz with blue fenders and I must say, in person it looks pretty cool.