PDA

View Full Version : Problems Starting on an 08 250ex

automated11
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
I just got my 08 Trx250ex and its difficult to get started when cold. First thing is first, it wolnt even try to start with the choke on. With the choke off it will start but idle low and die unless you give it a tiny bit of gas to bring the idle up slightly. I have a dynojet kit on the way with the pilot screw adjusting tool with it. Should this be a pilot screw adjustment problem since from what I read that all of these atv's are set up lean from the factory? The thing that got me was that it wolnt even try to start with the choke on???? Thanks for your help.

Jason

bearair
04-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If it's new and needs adjustment, it's covered under warranty. No sense wasting time on a start issue if you don't need to! We just bought a 2007 (brand new) for the wife, and it starts easily with about half choke when dead cold. You can turn the choke off fairly quickly and it idles great. If it's warm out, I don't even bother with the choke. Great machine.

250excrf250r
04-19-2008, 09:06 PM
turn up the idle screw because it is running as if it were summer. that would solve half the problem