PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on ITP Holeshot GNCC

predatoradam
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
I am considering the ITP Holeshot GNCC's for my next set of tires on my 2005 Predator TLD. Who has them, and how do you like them? I run mostly trails and hills, with the occasional loose-packed mx track. Also, I am planning on getting them from ebay from a dealer who has a 4 tire/4 wheel package using these and the ITP-9 wheels. I know these are a .190 wheel, but do they hold up as well as my Douglas .190's? Any input is appreciated.

ohsobad_chevy
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I have a set of GNCC's on my quad. They seem to be a very good tire. They slide controllably, but they grab when you need them to. I highly recommend them unless you are going to ride a MX track all the time because they are a little on the heavy side (6 ply)

The ITP T9's are just as good as douglas .190's.

Pappy
04-17-2008, 03:12 PM
we switched this season and LOVE them!!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2352423143_699dd5ac2d_o.jpg

Scro
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I ran them for a little while hillclimbing/fast trail riding. I liked them, but I prefer a squared-off tire as opposed to the balloon profile. I did notice that they didn't last as long as other ITP tires. This was probably because of less lugs and more spacing between them. Also the 20" version seemed to be a bit small for my taste. The 21" are not only an inch taller but an inch wider as well.

I never ran the fronts, but the lug pattern is very similar to the Razr2 fronts. Everyone that I know that has run them seemed to like them.

hungus07trx400
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I have the rears and just tested them for the first time yesterday up at my place in NH, the snow just about finished melting so it was a mudfest. I was able to get my machine in and out of stuff I never could have before. The second they pack up with mud they throw it all off again, great clean out. They are a bit heavy though, but Im pretty impressed with them.

kawiefan
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Hold on b/c they grip like a mofo

predatoradam
04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Great replies guys, keep em coming! Pappy, the GNCC/Baja tire and wheel combo looks great! I have thought about these wheels for added strength/more tire bead protection, but I haven't found them in a reasonable price range for that tire/wheel combo. I priced the GNCC/T-9 combo at $400.00 on ebay, and when I asked the same company, they quoted me at $632.00 for the GNCC/Baja combo. I have decided this is the next tire setup for me, but does anyone know where I can get cheaper prices for the GNCC/Baja combo? I have looked at Rocky Mtn. ATV, as well as Dennis Kirk, Motosport, etc..., and it seems you take a large jump in price when trying to get the Baja wheels! Once again, all input is appreciated!

Pappy
04-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I get everything from Colby at C&D. I know prices on tires and rims can be high, and for the retailkers they basically give them away to compete!

cmpearce
04-22-2008, 05:15 PM
i have been using the 20x 10 x 9 gncc's for about a year and a half, forward traction is sometimes too much (sometimes you need a little spinning ) . they slide well . if you ride in any snow they go great

ohsobad_chevy
04-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by cmpearce
i have been using the 20x 10 x 9 gncc's for about a year and a half, forward traction is sometimes too much (sometimes you need a little spinning ) . they slide well . if you ride in any snow they go great

How many lbs are you running, front and back?

cmpearce
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
i have been running 6 pounds front(razr 2) and rear (gncc) at 5 when wet and 6 when dry ,but i am going to try 7 front and back

mitchamus
04-24-2008, 05:37 AM
I run them and like them alot. durable, hook up and lighter them most other 6ply tire.
They are lighter then Razr, razr2 and HDs.

MTDman11
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
i run like 2-3 pounds in my rears cause i pretty much ride in sand. it is complete dusrt but also had rocks in trails. my tires are bald and stock but i still manage to get good traction with them flat. sear 300ex riding in youtube you will see my pit. =]

AGPallstar109
04-27-2008, 07:26 AM
I race gncc and AGP and i run them on my 300 and they work so good, the hook everywhere and corner like crazy, my pic over the razr 2s anyday