PDA

View Full Version : new leatt neck brace

dehner47
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM
i was just on transworld motocross's web site and i noticed a add for a new leatt neck brace.its called the moto gxp andventure and sells for $195.00.now we all dont have to dish out $400.00 to protect ourselves.does anyone know when the release will be on that neck brace?

CannondaleRider
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
It will be later this year.

I would recommend attempting to try one on, and get a feel for it first.

The reason I say that...for me, the extra cash for the adjustability of the supports, is worth it. If I couldn't adjust the back portion down, I wouldn't be able to ride with my Leatt.

It may work perfect for you, but I would hate for you to buy this Leatt, and figure out that it won't work for you.....when a higher level, adjustable Leatt would.

Just my 0.02

KXRida
04-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
It will be later this year.

I would recommend attempting to try one on, and get a feel for it first.

The reason I say that...for me, the extra cash for the adjustability of the supports, is worth it. If I couldn't adjust the back portion down, I wouldn't be able to ride with my Leatt.

It may work perfect for you, but I would hate for you to buy this Leatt, and figure out that it won't work for you.....when a higher level, adjustable Leatt would.

Just my 0.02

what he said. The new adventure brace is like a one size fits all thing. The adjustability is well worth it. I use the larger spacers and also had to adjust the back half of my leatt so my helmet wouldn't hit. From what I've heard, the brace isn't supposed to be out till later summer though. I'm glad I bit the bullet and payed the $400 so I have my brace before the season started. I did take one hard wreck and went head first into a berm. I could actually feel the brace stop my helmet. It was kinda a wierd feeling. At the end of the day, I could see the marks on my shoulders where the brace had pushed. I'd rather have that force on my shoulders than my neck.

TRX450RACER174
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah i can testify that the Leatt works i had a hard crash landed on my head and shoulder and walked away from it with a seperated ligament in my should so please do yourself a favor and spend the dough on the regular one when you crash if you do it will save your life.