PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Rides?????

bananas
04-17-2008, 05:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone had heard the Jersey Guys on 101.5 late Monday afternoon?
I was told by a friend that they were talking about some ATV Task Force being put together somewhere in South Jersey.
Was wodering what was on their agenda?
What are they going to be looking for?
What area are they targating?

Talk to your freinds........

deathman53
04-17-2008, 06:05 PM
my dad heard it. They are targeting south jersy state forests, gravel pits, wma areas and well known illegal places(clayton, sacro, forked river, and others). Some girl got killed when hit by a car crossing the street on her atv.

sully55
04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
There also was the young man who died when the dirt bike, and atv collided. I think in ocean county?

04yfz450nj
04-17-2008, 08:39 PM
man does this suck

warriorxcr1
04-21-2008, 06:12 PM
i was out at materials and the forked river pits yesterday (sunday) and i heard the same thing from everyone... "someone was airlifted out last weekend and theyre cracking down on the riding." the locals will never leave.... i have access to the material pits without having to take a truck in but i really do not know if its worth it to go deeper than that.

it was the first time in one and a half years that i have been out there and it was the first time i have seriously been worried about getting caught.

the place just doesnt seem the same when you ride the powerlines. there are more trucks with people giving nasty looks as you pass and wave. it just doesnt seem worth the risk anymore.

a helicoptor flew down the lines slow and obviously scouting the area. 1500 dollar fine for riding in there, plus impound and other fines if your bike is not registered and insured.

we're just screwed guys.....

Crazy lil punk
04-22-2008, 05:52 AM
NJ must not have any REAL problems, so they have to go after the People who pay taxes, then pay taxes again on the machines they ride, and all the parts they buy for their machines...Good idea NJ, tax people on the things they have and not let them ride it! Where are people suppose to go when chatts closes? I know some people abuse it, but why does everyone have to suffer? There are no easy answers.

exrider44
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
NJ sucks I hope this isnt true

Tubsy
05-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah there cracking down on claytons, they got security now there..just was there today jeep and pick up truck chased us for a bit but gave up after a while they wil l never stop us from riding there

warriorxcr1
05-10-2008, 09:21 PM
which claytons tubsy?

we got nailed with a fat ticket last weekend....

apparently someone on a 450r and ltr hit a little kid or something? they sent the search party and me and my friend were thought to be the ones running away because we just happened to have a red 450r and yellow z400.

jersey sucks!

i asked him what we should do for places to ride after he handed me the ticket. he said check online...

i laughed!

Tubsy
05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
The one in Jackson (Gliddens)

warriorxcr1
05-10-2008, 09:30 PM
ahhh tru.... i have been hearing of crackdowns everywhere man.

my friends want to come down to forked river and the local spots to ride but now its not even fun. everywhere i go i have to watch my behind.

its extremely hard for me to get out to places like atco or chats so i have to take the risk every weekend along with the rest of us.

the $hitty part is we dont hold an inch of power to change this...

Tubsy
05-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah a couple of weekends ago my buddy was telling me there was some good spots in Forked River too. Like Parkers pit and stuff not sure I should check it out yet due to all of the activity.

warriorxcr1
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
parkers is a fun area but do not touch it if you dont know the guy or his son! i got lucky and happened to get in with one of parkers close friends a couple of times but havent been back since.

the material pits are great for a good days ride....the powerlines can take you pretty deep and there are plenty of trails to take you further into some good riding.... just watch where you park and your good to go.....

Tubsy
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
True..you just park off of Lacey Rd. or something?

deathman53
05-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Tubsy
Yeah there cracking down on claytons, they got security now there..just was there today jeep and pick up truck chased us for a bit but gave up after a while they wil l never stop us from riding there

They have had that security for awhile. I was chased over there some years ago, by some jeep and pickup that was going up and down the main road through there. I got out of there and stayed on the back trails and got out w/o going on the road. I posted the other day, that one of my favorite riding spots is shot now. I saw 5 park ranger jeeps, a crop of small lettered rules sheets and apparantly they were in the hurt for me. As I saw some street bike guys on the road and asked them if there are any cops over there, and they said "yea, and it seams anywhere these trails exit". I left through a little known trail.

Tubsy
05-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah they know me when im on my bike but i haven't been on mine the past few weekends. They just want you off the white sand. MY friend got stuck in mud and he got caught but at first they wanted to fine him and asked him why the shouldn't take his quad but after they end of the conversation they let him go and said to just forget it. Im going out later today it would be weird to see if security is out there on Mother's Day lol.

ducman998r
05-12-2008, 07:15 AM
damn... this sucks. Ive only been to gliddens once this year and I heard I was lucky not to get nailed that day as the cops were out in force. My usual PA trips are not an option anymore since I work on Saturdays now and its not worth a 1 day trip. I think its about time to sell the quad.

gemer
05-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Doesn't NJ have legal parks for ATVs? Just wondering???

deathman53
05-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Your joking, right??? They were SUPPOSED to have something like 5 parks by 2005. Now the only one is closing in september and is pretty bad also. Besides njovp.org(pretty crappy park), there is Atco(only mx and tues/friday night), northest mx(something like $800/yr, and you must bring another memeber to ride with), there is no where to ride. This is unless you have/friend/permission to ride private land, ride illegal, or have a reg/ins/inspect dirtbike w/motorcylce licence to ride in Wma area's, state forests and some state lands. NJ isn't the place to really own a atv, unless you fall into the descriptions above, and riding illegal, there is always an expensive risk of getting caught.

In the good light, AGP is hoping to open atv/dirtbike off-road park, fairly soon.

Tubsy
05-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Deathman aren't they supposed to build one in ocean county or something?

deathman53
05-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I think it was either burlington, camden, or ocean county. Burlington and camden seam like the more likely place. The state bought a place in Monroe(not the middlesex county town), I think its in glourster(sp) county, that has been fought by tree huggers since the state bought it. It was a sand pit with some protected wet lands that couldn't be mined. Something like 1% of the property. I'm not sure where Agp is going to build their off-road park. Also Jungle habit in north jersey was slated to become a off-road and bmx park, tree huggers and the locals put a stop to that real quick.

exrider44
05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Thats nuts. Jungle Habitat should be used. I used to ride up there all the time and the trails that surround the place. The people complained that if a park was to open it would be to loud. Meanwhile there is a damn airport right next door with small planes taking off all the time. I seriously think about selling my quad all the time because of this. WTF do we pay registration and insurance for? Its a horrible state for having an atv. Even though riding down the shore is incredible.

exrider44
05-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Are they also hitting Sarco?

CD400EX
05-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I saw a f*cking helicopter flying real low over the trees along the parkway by exit 74 last month. I mean seriously, a helicopter? Is there really no serious crime in NJ that they have to spend the money to fly a helo over riding spots? It's getting a little rediculous. Honestly I haven't riden my quad in NJ since last August. I've been riding in PA mostly. I'm seriously thinking about selling it and putting an LS1 in my rock buggy, I use that a lot more.

Originally posted by ducman998r
damn... this sucks. Ive only been to gliddens once this year and I heard I was lucky not to get nailed that day as the cops were out in force. My usual PA trips are not an option anymore since I work on Saturdays now and its not worth a 1 day trip. I think its about time to sell the quad.

Sup bro? I was going to ask if you've been riding lately. I was at my friends shore house over the winter and we drove past Sarco's. There were two police cherokee's sitting at the entrance. My friend's neighbor down there rides and he said they have been ticketing trucks in the woods around Sarco and that he doesn't even go to Glidden's anymore. It's getting tough.

Tubsy
05-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Where did you guys see the jeeps? Near what entrance through the condos?

warriorxcr1
05-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by CD400EX
I saw a f*cking helicopter flying real low over the trees along the parkway by exit 74 last month. I mean seriously, a helicopter? Is there really no serious crime in NJ that they have to spend the money to fly a helo over riding spots? It's getting a little rediculous. Honestly I haven't riden my quad in NJ since last August. I've been riding in PA mostly. I'm seriously thinking about selling it and putting an LS1 in my rock buggy, I use that a lot more.

i think i might have passed you in there then... what were you riding?

CD400EX
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Tubsy
Where did you guys see the jeeps? Near what entrance through the condos?

The main one off 70

Originally posted by warriorxcr1
i think i might have passed you in there then... what were you riding?

I wasn't on my quad, I was driving on the Parkway.

ducman998r
05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CD400EX

Sup bro? I was going to ask if you've been riding lately. I was at my friends shore house over the winter and we drove past Sarco's. There were two police cherokee's sitting at the entrance. My friend's neighbor down there rides and he said they have been ticketing trucks in the woods around Sarco and that he doesn't even go to Glidden's anymore. It's getting tough. [/QUOTE

Not much going on. Same crap going on here. I heard about the helis too. I hit Sarco once and gliddens once this year... thats about it. Its not worth it anymore. Apparently they found out about my parking spots too... Ive only been back there twice since that day with you. Time to unload the quad and get a new street bike to wreek havoc on.