PDA

View Full Version : Just got mine today - a few questions

lb_sa
04-16-2008, 08:01 PM
3 Issues

Exhaust pops quite a bit.

A challenge to get it into neutral.

Takes a few cranks and gas to get it started, then doesn't idle very well until after you give it some gas for a few seconds.

Just brought it home today, didn't know if anybody else was having the same issues? Is this normal?

thump4863
04-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Got mine today also -

My exhaust pops on decel a lot also really loud sometimes.

Mine is hard to get into neutral while its running.

Mine starts pretty quick - maybe try putting a trickle charger on it.

patrickj75
04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
you need to bump up the pilot jet for sure. they're jetted pretty lean from the factory. do that and maybe turn out the fuel screw a little.

mcracer
04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
try 48 pilot and 175 main w/ screw 2 turns out, should get rid of popping and it will get easier to find neutral after you ride a little.

chad6713
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I was told by HMF to drop the clip on the needle one notch also

ktMan
04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
that is all true my 525 has all the same issues. and the pilot jet is the problem for the poping on decel. nuetral is a pain ive had mine for over a month now and is still a ***** to get into. i just turn it off in gear and then put it in nuetral, easier while turned off for some reason. and you should try turning the idle screw up on it for the last problem. mine starts no problem with out the choke, but found if i give it any gas while trying to fire it will not start.

lb_sa
04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, the popping really is the only that that bothers me. The starting issue I have resolved, and the neutral is just a pain that everyone has to deal with it looks like. I just think that after paying 9 grand for a new quad, that I shouldn't have to worry about jetting it as soon as I get it home. Oh well, this thing is amazing other then that.

realbadlarry
04-17-2008, 10:47 PM
put some silicone on the little plastic brake line brakets on the swingarm. Mine got water in the swingarm, had to drill holes in the bottom to drain it. And No I don't use a power washer.

lb_sa
04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks. Anybody else with any minor or major issues feel free to let us all know!

400exrider_ed
04-18-2008, 07:51 AM
The easiest way for finding nuetral is to do it going from 2nd down instead of 1st up, also a high idle makes it harder. The stock exhaust is super tight either rip out your baffle or buy a slip-on. The jetting everyone mentioned is right or get a JD kit for a easy spot on set-up.

400exrider_ed
04-18-2008, 08:02 AM
I also can say they are faster in the mid range - top end then my KTM powered Polaris!:devil:

450Rchaser
04-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by lb_sa
Thanks. Anybody else with any minor or major issues feel free to let us all know!
I knew you would get back on here after you told me you got a KTM.

lb_sa
04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
I knew you would get back on here after you told me you got a KTM.

Hell yeah, I love this thing. Just have to get used to having a carb again. :devil:

JM317
04-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider_ed
The easiest way for finding nuetral is to do it going from 2nd down instead of 1st up, also a high idle makes it harder. The stock exhaust is super tight either rip out your baffle or buy a slip-on. The jetting everyone mentioned is right or get a JD kit for a easy spot on set-up.

How does the JD jetting match up when you remove the baffle? Is it close or do you need to bump anything up?