PDA

View Full Version : more repeated questions im sure

DementeD
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
well the title should basically say sorry if this is repeated but..i got a few more questions

ive been going through the 400ex pic thread and im really enjoyin the look of the lower/wider stance
i mean how could u not?

however i dont mx at all mainly just mess around/trails would like to race around but im not ready to start any major jumping..

so basically im just asking a few questions about different parts..
first...a arms.. i know they have things like +2+1
now im not positive but is +2 the width and +1 forward?
not sure how that works so much
also is fullflight any good?
im looking for something a little wider then stock maybe +1+1 or something but wont break the bank..like i said i dont mx at all small jumps etc is what im aiming for so i want something that will work/last

also works suspension..i know its pretty cheap and i understand the get what u pay for..i also noticed some people said theres issues with works not lasting long? any info on this?

axle wise i think imma just suck it up and go with a rpm dominator II since its lifetime warranty and u dont have to pay anything...

so i guess im just needing some fingers in the right direction on what i should be lookin into..once again im on a budget

and i dont think 450 shocks are best for me since u have to send them out anyway and before u know it ur payin more then u would for some works shocks..

thanks for all the help -DementeD

04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I advise against anything +1 foward. The forward movement on the 400ex has only been known to handle worse. For trails I would deffinately get +1 and as for shocks Works or 450r shocks.

brokenmike
04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I got +2 +1 ASR a-arms with Works shocks on my 400ex. I have had them on there since2004 and have had no problems. It handles GREAT.....

j450rking
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
get some +1 a arms you don't need any forward on them. i had works shocks and they were great. i have rebuilt a few pairs and they are the same as peps and have never herd of them not lasting. you would be vary happy with some works shocks i know i was. you can get them for like $220 with rezzys and like $160 without and it sounds like to me you don't need rezzys. full flights seem to be good but you can get some nicer ones that are used for less then new full flights. i got my front end for $450 witch was lsr+2 a arms and works tripple rates and that was 20 times better then stock.