PDA

View Full Version : a-arm question AGAIN !!!!

04Honda450r#06
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
hey everyone
well i just completed puttin everythin on
i adjusted the rear shock to lower it down a weebit
and i got my new hiper beadlocks on
shes lookin pretty sweet
my main concern is the a-arms and front shocks
i just bought a set of works tripple rate with remote rezzies off her and a set of ASR +2 +1 a-arms.
its on my honda 450r and im just havin trouble adjusting the front set up. i bolted everthing down good and tried movin the springs down a couple clicks and when i goose the throttle its like a drag car, the a-arms extend up and when u left off they go down, they are standard length shocks but some people told me thats fine to run that on the +2 arms. the guy i bought the shocks off told me he had them rebuilt and were like brand new, so i dont kno if i need the rezzies filled up or sumthin
need sum input
thanks alot

ill post sum pics when my camera is finished chargin

PaT #06

400exMO
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
not sure what you are referring to exactly. Giving the quad gas will make it squat and want to wheelie. It is normal for the front end to get "light" when under acceleration, and "heavier" when decelerating.

400exrider707
04-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Agreed it is normal, but what you're talking about sounds excessive. What weight, arms, and riding style are the shocks set up for? That's the important part. If the rezzies weren't filled they probably wouldn't even work at all.