PDA

View Full Version : Housers came today...

hungus07trx400
04-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I ordered the +2 long travel arms, +3 long travel showed up. If I decide to keep these, will the long travel elkas I ordered for the +2's fit the +3 arms? Im a little frustrated. Im seriously considering keeping them, as I have a renewed interest in motocross, I just want to make sure it fits. I think the shock is 19.25"

zdowell
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
im no pro, neither have i ever raced, but plus 3's might put you over what you are allowed in width on your quad for racing, Right??? I am going to try out racing this year and I swear for the races at least in my area you cant be over a certain width. I'd make sure to check into that if you plan on keeping them. My advise is, call them, and get super pissed on the phone. Tell them you were going to go racing this weekend with the new set up...etc... Maybe you can get some free **** out of the deal. IDK thats just what id do. Thats what customer service is for.

DementeD
04-16-2008, 07:30 PM
id do like the above poster mentioned...dont settle for something u didnt order because you're being impatient..and maybe u can get something out of it :) let them know that now u have to pay to ship them back and wait another week or so to start riding and ur very upset ....see what happens..

04-16-2008, 07:30 PM
I know if you have +3 a-arms and shocks setup for +2 a-arms they are going to be soft

hungus07trx400
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I was a little frustrated. The Width limit is 50 inches, and with this setup with the tires and wheels I already ordered and have coming I think* I will be at like 49 1/2, because I figured with the +2's and 3+2 offset rims, I would have been at right around 47 1/2, so 1 more inch on each side, right? I sent an email to the company I ordered them from already, I will call tomorrow. If i keep them though I want to make sure the shock that was meant for the +2's will fit the +3's.

hungus07trx400
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Ahhh I see. It's just funny cuz I couldn't decide between +2 and +3, and finally i was just like ahhh get the 2's. Then the 3's show up. It's kind of funny because I thought I had finally made the decision and here it is all over again.

mitchamus
04-17-2008, 05:27 AM
If your shocks were built for +2 then send the arms back and get the right ones. if you run the +3 you will probably need to run 4:1 rims.

hungus07trx400
04-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Well they called back finally, turns out their website had a typo that offered +2 long travel housers. Apparently houser doesn't even make +2 long travel a arms. So they are gonna send me +2 Laeger long travel arms for the same price after I ship these back. Guy was really nice on the phone and very helpful.