PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna verify this wiring for me? custom harness

maddmatt02
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Im basically wanting to relocate al the electrical stuff and make a new harness ditching all the plugs I dont want, and to use toggles and a momentary instead of the box on the left bars.

if anyone has a wiring diagram, i got mine from the back of the clymer manual. could you check it out and make siure im not going to fry anything? and can I ride without the reverse inhibitor box completely or does it do something else as well that is necessary.

my battery is being relocated to the front down low, and from there I will put the negative to the frame, and from the positive, run one lead through a fuse to the tether kill switch, other lead to a toggle switch, and from the toggle, run a wire to B/W wire on the CDI plug.

also from the toggle run a wire to a momentary push button switch and run the other wire to a high amp relay.

run one wire from the battery POS to the relay, and run one from the relay to the starter motor. ground the relay.

from the coil, wire it to the B/Y on the CDI plug, and the other to a ground. plug wire to plug.

Y's on rectifier to Y's coming from the case

G/B from rectifier to a ground

R from rectifier to fused power from switch.

L/Y from case, and Y/W from case to L/Y and Y/W on CDI plug

G/W from case to ground as well as to G/W on CDI plug.

I dont want to run that reverse inhibitor box, I hear you can ground the wires that go to the reverse/neutral switches and you can rev it out in reverse as well as start without the clutch. well there wont be a wire for the reverse switch, but that would have me ground the wire from the Gr position in the CDI plug.

Y2daT420
04-18-2008, 09:12 AM
um let me start by telling you that im not a pro when it comes to this ... but i do know that the kill swicth should wire to the ground and the other wire should go to the coil to ground it when the tether is pulled hope this helps

maddmatt02
04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
alright, I also am going to use the bar mounted switch to start because I started thinking if I have to use my right hand for throttle to start, and the left hand to reach for the button, now I have to go to neutral first because I got no hand on the clutch.

dbc112
10-21-2008, 06:12 PM
anyone know where the light green wire from the inhibitor box should terminate? I have a short and think this is the culprit.. It has a male female plug down the harness a bit, then goes to oblivion. Should I ground it?

dbc112
10-22-2008, 07:16 AM
actually in need of a wiring diagram. did a search but did not have the full diagram on the forums. If anyone has any info PM me please!

Thanks,
Dan

ZSNOW
10-26-2008, 06:42 AM
wiring diagram..

directly out of my honda manual;)

ESR350r
10-26-2008, 05:49 PM
ZSNOW Can you post the pages out of the manual that explains how to ohm out a stator and pick-up. Thanks

ZSNOW
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
ill get that for you tmrw morning

dbc112
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Big forum hug for the pic!!!! Thanks!

dbc112
10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I am at a loss.. tried wiring and grounding a,b,c d etc..

Simple Q.. diagram is a bit fuzzy.

2 wires need for start run

2 wires for starter button...

What are the colors? I have no black comming where the starter button comes in.. just B/W and Black with some grey spots (same color as starter button).

Anything else that I need to know? Clutch neatural? G to Green Red?

dbc112
11-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Figured it out with a wiring diagram..

based off the thread, I would also like to get rid of the reverse inhibitor.

Is it true, you can just ground out all the wires that connect to the reverse inhibitor?

What about the clutch switch? I would think you could ground those as well. I have a 250x clutch and no wires to attach to.

Also what about the neutral indicator?

Can you just ground out what you dont need?

ESR350r
11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Can someone please post the page in the manual that shows how to check a stator other electrical components.

ESR350r
11-03-2008, 06:32 PM
You can disconnect and ground both of the sensors on the right side of the motor. the Nuetral light will stay on all of the time but that is not a big deal. i did it tonight to get mine running

ZSNOW
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
sorry i haven't been answering, been getting ready for english town.

dbc112
11-09-2008, 06:00 PM
So I have it to a point that the starter will turn over. Only issue now is the plug wont spark. I attribute it to the safety switches not being wired correctly.

1. I have no key switch
2. I have no wires on left side of motor for neutral or reverse.
3. I dont give 2 *****s about a reverse inhibitor

Sooo.. No clue what to do. Anyway I can ground everything out? if so, what wires are only necessary, and what other wires can be cut or grounded?

Just want to push a button start, and be able to kill.