PDA

View Full Version : Shot Warrior?

Arynock
11-25-2002, 02:45 PM
My friend had a warrior, and he always tried to start it, it wouldn't start, we guessed low battery, so we hooked it up to a car and it started right up, well it makes a tinking noise, and when he took off it got really bad and just slowed down and threw smoke out the back end... Well we pushed the starter button and it wouldn't have any respond, no nothing!!
well 2 weeks later i went over and got on it and pushed the starter button and it was making noises like it was turning over just not getting enough juice like it did before we got it started the 2 weeks before...
Do u think the engine is shot? i'm gonna go over and check it out, gonna take spark plug out and see if i get any air to see if its got compression, he's selling for 900, but i think i talked him down to 400, thats if i know i can get it running, i know i can if it has compression :P

Texan32
11-25-2002, 03:44 PM
so, your saying that when you had it jumped to a car battery it ran, but when you pulled the cables, it eventually died. Sounds like your charging circuit has problems. If the magneto isn't putting out enough juice, it won't charge the battery. If the battery isn't charge (and/or a bad stator), you won't get enoung juice to create a good spark. What year is it? If the rest of the quad seems to be in good shape, 900 bucks doesn't seem too bad (even if it does have a few years on it). Even if the motor has low compression, if you have some mechanical knowledge and a service manual, they can be rebuilt pretty cheap. The electrical stuff could cost a few bucks though.

kc 300EX
11-25-2002, 06:08 PM
tinking noise?? My cousins warrior made a "tinking noise" we found out it was the valves, he eventually floated a valve, it got stuck, and the tinking noise was the cam hitting it but not moving it, well, hitting the rocker, its not a good noise, Id cheack that out, it blew all kinds of smoke

Arynock
11-25-2002, 09:50 PM
is this something i can fix on my own with tools, or do i have to buy a some parts :(
i'm outta $$$