PDA

View Full Version : red FI light diagnostics

ScooterBike
04-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Has anyone got info on the red FI light diagnostics. This weekend my LTR just died on me with the red light flashing constantly, like an indicator light. I thought it overheated but a few hours later it still didn’t wanna start, did start the next day… but the day after dead again…

jdc04
04-16-2008, 04:37 PM
hey, i had some issues with my bike today and that little red light. i was messing with my TPS(throttle position sensor). when i was messing with the TPS the light would come on. bike did not die and if i turned the bike off and back on a few seconds later it had reset itself.

not sure if this helps at all.

jherbie28
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
when i did my rebuild this winter we got my ltr all back together and it would not start, crank and crank and crank.....the ltr has a tip over switch behind the bat wing thing that holds the cdi, rectafier, etc. i had mine upside down and got a reading from my fi light. not your problem i know but i have heard of these getting stuck. there is a pendulem(sp) type thing in there. hope this helps and good luck

ScooterBike
04-17-2008, 12:52 AM
no, not it.
However I have found a bad connection on the kill switch. This may be why it only started ocationaly. i now think that the flashing red light was indeed overheating. Bike is going again.

quad59
04-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Carefull where you put your kill switch..If its on the coil it will slowly destroy your CDI...It needs to be wired into the key switch.