PDA

View Full Version : answer silencers, pros and cons?

mineralgrey01gt
04-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Whats the pros and cons to these silencers, are they worth anything? Reason for asking is i got one that was in good shape off of ebay for $30 shipped. Im just waiting for it to come in and wanted to see if it was worth even trying out

04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Everything is worth trying. The Answer S11 silencers are classic, I do know that.

Iliketogofast
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
It's my opinion that a silencer is really just for looks unless it has a spark arrestor. My FMF PC2 silencer does nothing to dampen the sound.

Even when I freshly repacked it, it was almost just as loud as it was with no silencer at all.

They give you no power gain whatsoever, you may as well just run open header. I don't because it looks stupid.

But maybe I just need a better silencer?

atvmxr
04-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I know nothing about the answer silencer. but silencers do some good to make it a little quieter. hearing a straight piped quad at the sand drags will show you that :devil:

and silencers do help improve low end a little bit and hurt top end power a little. if you run without a silencer, it will lean out the AFR

04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
They most absolutely make a sound difference. Maybe you have your silencers packed too tight. Mine fell off one time mx racing and it was night and day sound difference. Your bike will run leaner as well with no silencer.

mineralgrey01gt
04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
my bike is running kinda rich right now so maybe no silencer would help lol, but i did it before and its retarded loud and not necessary at all. Im gonna put it on since its a little different design than my LRD silencer, I may like the way it sounds a little better over the LRD, even though the LRD does sound good, just not quite loud enough

mineralgrey01gt
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
i figured id go ahead and post up my experience so far with this silencer.

The tone is real nice, very nice actually. A lot better tone than my LRD silencer. It didnt lose any power what soever. The stinger on the Answer silencer was cut off so an exhaust gasket is on it right now and its a lot shorter kinda cocked out to the side of the bike underneath the fenders. I love the look it has, it doesnt hit anything, it is a lot further back from the normal mounting point and looks great where its at in my opinion, and again, sounds great