PDA

View Full Version : numb

c450Razy
04-15-2008, 03:24 PM
ok so, i just flew from state college PA, to tampa and on my flight i fell asleep on my hand and my hand was asleep, i figured it would go away after a few min. well that was sunday and now on tuesday its still numb, its like the meaty side and my pinky fingure. anybody know whats up?

Honda#4
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
pinched nerve?:ermm:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-15-2008, 05:34 PM
That is exactly what happened to it. You blocked the blood flow off of it for to long and that is what happens. It took about 3-4 months for my feeling to come back.

c450Razy
04-15-2008, 06:38 PM
well this sucks.....

SGA
04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
look on the bright side, it will be like getting some strange:o

Titanium
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
thats what happend to Dave Mustaine the lead singer of megadeth and it caused permanent nerve damage. except it was to his whole arm and not just his hand. and it was from him passing out with his arm hung over a chair

Scro
04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
This happened to me. I went to the doctor for it and they said that I had nerve damage in my elbow. It happened because I was sleeping with my elbow bent and my arm kind of underneath my body.

This eventually stretched the nerve that's known as the "funny bone". I was having the same symptoms as you. My pinky finger, half my ring finger, and the muscle below them was numb.

That was about 2 years ago and I have regained most of the feeling back. It's not 100%, but I don't notice it anymore. I'm just careful about my sleeping positions now.

c450Razy
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SGA

LOL

04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Once I was sleeping on my arm on a hard floor and woke up and had no feeling or movement in it and I thought my arm was my shoe under my chest till I tried to throw it and found out it was my arm and it was numb with no movement for about 2 mins. Then not long ago I was sleeping on a hard floor on my back and woke up and only had like 20% movement in my whole body because it was all numb and almost paralyzed and i managed to kind of get on my knees and face lol and feeling started coming back. :eek2:

NacsMXer
04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Scro
This eventually stretched the nerve that's known as the "funny bone". I was having the same symptoms as you. My pinky finger, half my ring finger, and the muscle below them was numb.

That's your Ulnar nerve you irritated. It comes down through your elbow and innervates half of your ring finger to your pinky on down. The Median nerve innervates the other half of your hand from the other half of the ring finger on up towards the thumb.

c450Razy, you may have done the same. Cut off blood supply to the nerve for long enough to cause a bit of ischemic damage. If the feeling hasn't come back in a couple days I would definitely see a doctor about it.

Scro
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
That's your Ulnar nerve you irritated.

That's the word I was looking for:p The name had slipped my mind, and all I could remember was that it was my funny bone:cool:

NacsMXer
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
It runs through the "funny bone" in the elbow. Hence when you hit the funny bone it hits the nerve pretty directly, which totally sucks lol.

wilkin250r
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SGA

That's easily in the top 5 funniest things I've ever read on this board... :p