PDA

View Full Version : Dumping the Bank!

Builthondatough
04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Well I've officially decided to take the plunge and spend all my confirmation money on atv parts for my 300. I was looking to make my 450 dollars last as long as I can. So far i'm looking to swap my front end and plastics for their 400ex counterparts. I am also going to buy a full set of brand spankin' new maxxis razr tires. Tell me what you all think about these upgrades and if the amount of work putting into it is worth the performance/visual increase?

01exrider 281
04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
well just my 2 cents but the 400ex plastic seems kind of pointless unless yours is all busted up. the front end seems to be a popluar and efective swap. the first thing it did to my 300 was a front bumper, tires which btw razrs are a great choice, nerfs are also very nice, and pipe,filter, jet kit but u have 450 so you can do some great mods and have a awsome quad but as i said the plastic is one of the last things i would worry about

JIMFROMTEXCO
04-16-2008, 08:40 AM
i recommend razr 2 fronts and regular razrs in the rear. get the 400 front end with aftermarket shocks set up for it!

300exkid123
04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
if you put 400ex plastics on a 300ex the petcock valve wont line up and you wont be able to turn the gas on off ect... we tried that on my brothers 300ex not the best idea go with the tires and nerf bars

Builthondatough
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Although its not in my signature and what not I've already got a complete exhaust system, nerfs, a uni air filter, swingarm skidplate and DG front bumper. So I am now looking more towards suspension and definetly new tires and although my plastic is still functional but is kind of beat up from a few nasty crashes. So i'll probably skimp on the plastics and get a nice set of after market shocks to go with my new a-arms. Any other good ideas on what else to buy/swap out etc. feel free to post.

gixir
04-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Razr 2's all the way around. It will handle tons better

markvette
04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
if you are going to spend the cash for after market shocks get ones for the front end. works will build you a shock to use with the 400 arms without using the relocator bracket. i would imagine elka could do it also