PDA

View Full Version : Birch Creek Roll Call

JRP
04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Whos all going to be there for the national in 2 weeks? There is also a race there this weekend, so hopefully all of you trying to get some track time in before the big race will show up for this weekend!

Ill be on a white 450r, #859 in prod. B and 16-24. Let me know if you will be there on any of the 2 dates

Nick110
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Hopefully I will be there.. Motor is so close to being done I just need a bearing for the left side case cover.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/DSCF0307.jpg

04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
im trying to get off work for it if i do ill be in Prod A and Open A

quad2xtreme
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Jordan,

Pretty sure I will be there but not planning to race either weekend. Finally a race that is close to home...only 90 minutes to Danville.

Maybe you can show me a "whip" during your race. :D :D I plan to bring the camera...I might even have a new HD video camera by then.

BTW, I rode at NCMP about a month ago. Ran into a dad named Stanley and his son Stanton(?). Anyhow, he said he knew you. He races on a 300ex.

04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Ill be there racing the B classes.

JRP
04-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Jordan,

Pretty sure I will be there but not planning to race either weekend. Finally a race that is close to home...only 90 minutes to Danville.

Maybe you can show me a "whip" during your race. :D :D I plan to bring the camera...I might even have a new HD video camera by then.

BTW, I rode at NCMP about a month ago. Ran into a dad named Stanley and his son Stanton(?). Anyhow, he said he knew you. He races on a 300ex.

awsome jon! I will be there friday for this weekend and thursday for next weekend, hope to meet up with you there! Yea stanton is a good rider, he is one of my good friends. They are a great family and will be there again this weekend and next. He has been at both AL and KY and has done fairly well, usually top 8, and its his first full year racing.

elementryder
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
ill be there!
so what they have a practice this weekend?

JJs450r
04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
ill be there for sure for the national my head should be back by then, not sure what class will probably go up this saturday and watch the district 13 race

quad2xtreme
04-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JRP
awsome jon! I will be there friday for this weekend and thursday for next weekend, hope to meet up with you there! Yea stanton is a good rider, he is one of my good friends. They are a great family and will be there again this weekend and next. He has been at both AL and KY and has done fairly well, usually top 8, and its his first full year racing.

Cool, I will track you down. Yea, Stanton is really good and especially for being on a 300ex. He chased this old man down after 4 laps at NCMP and I had to let him go around or die of a heart attack staying ahead of him. :eek2: I told his dad he needs to teach him to respect his elders better. :p I let him ride my 450r a bunch of laps. He was doing really well on it. I am sure Stanley will be building him a 450r next year.

My wife is working all three days this weekend and I was going to head to Breezewood but I really need to find someone who wants to split the costs some...even if it was only $50 towards fuel. I am now at $266 round trip just to get there and back so I am at the point of only going there for 4 day weekends.

Why do you go to the track on Friday...just to practice? I really want to start racing but I still don't like people riding too close to me...yea, that is a problem. :D I thought perhaps if I started just practicing around other racers I could get more comfortable with it. Truth is, I don't trust myself not to go down from getting too excited and overjumping a jump...then having someone else run me over.

/Jon

JRP
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Cool, I will track you down. Yea, Stanton is really good and especially for being on a 300ex. He chased this old man down after 4 laps at NCMP and I had to let him go around or die of a heart attack staying ahead of him. :eek2: I told his dad he needs to teach him to respect his elders better. :p I let him ride my 450r a bunch of laps. He was doing really well on it. I am sure Stanley will be building him a 450r next year.

My wife is working all three days this weekend and I was going to head to Breezewood but I really need to find someone who wants to split the costs some...even if it was only $50 towards fuel. I am now at $266 round trip just to get there and back so I am at the point of only going there for 4 day weekends.

Why do you go to the track on Friday...just to practice? I really want to start racing but I still don't like people riding too close to me...yea, that is a problem. :D I thought perhaps if I started just practicing around other racers I could get more comfortable with it. Truth is, I don't trust myself not to go down from getting too excited and overjumping a jump...then having someone else run me over.

/Jon

elementryder: sweet! nah no practice, its a race. Its a d13 race and im hoping there will be a good turnout! Great weather!

jon: yea stanton and his dad are very cool, and stanton is good on the 450, i can't wait till he moves up. He rode my 450 at south fork a while back and he looked good on it. I go to the track on fridays(district races) so we dont have to get up early on saturday and head down there, main reason why we got a toy hauler, but for the nationals, im leaving thursday and get down there thursday night cuz there is practice all friday, so im deffinately down for that, plus i just love being at the races and hanging out with friends, lol

JRP
04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
oh and ill be on this......

JRP
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
uno mas.....

oh and jrod, u better be there man! Ive been waitin to ride with you on that new kawi!

04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey Pepper is cole going to be riding on the can am at the national race?

Ripitupfilms
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
im goin to be there running just practice.

JRP
04-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by #101
Hey Pepper is cole going to be riding on the can am at the national race?

yep, he will be there this weekend too on it. He went to KY on a stock can-am and i think got like 9th overall in prod b, but it will be interesting when he gets all of his stuff on it.

gloop: are you going to be there this weekend? or is that for the national weekend?

diangelo#67
04-16-2008, 07:52 PM
so-far nat weekend looks like me

Ripitupfilms
04-17-2008, 09:31 AM
national weekend. . pamx is this weekend.

JRP
04-17-2008, 10:45 AM
what, mario at a national?!:p Got that ltr built yet man?

gloop: see ya there man!

quad2xtreme
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Jordan,

You should see me on the track tomorrow. I am definitely going to run the practices and do everything I can to get myself to the line in the 40+ class. I will probably just wear a pair of Depends just in case. :D I am nervous just thinking about it. :eek2:

/Jon

Pappy
04-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Due to cody's injury, I will be covering this event....so see everyone there:bandit:

burkebrothers
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Pap if I can fit a 300 frame in the trailer will you have room to take it home from Va for gusset & powder?

Pappy
04-19-2008, 07:40 PM
yep, just let me know prior to heading out so i can bring a truck instead of my mustang:p i havent looked at how far it is from me ...might even bring my rig down and stay at the track

TWISTED
04-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
yep, just let me know prior to heading out so i can bring a truck instead of my mustang:p i havent looked at how far it is from me ...might even bring my rig down and stay at the track

If you don't have a reservation, you had better bring the rig... There's a car race somewhere close that same weekend, and everything was booked......

quad2xtreme
04-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Perhaps it is Virginia International Raceway. I drove by there on my way home from Birch Creek yesterday.

I will see you there on Sunday Pappy. Connie and I plan to head head up for the day.

Warning to everyone...there were plenty of cops patrolling around the smaller towns in NC and VA yesterday. I am sure they will be out next weekend hoping to increase sales. :D I highly recommend traveling at the posted speeds when you are nearing the towns. I didn't see any cops using radar out in the rural areas between the towns.

burkebrothers
04-20-2008, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
If you can bring it back I will get it in somehow, even if I have to put it in the motorhome ( the wife will love that), I need to get a frame ready because the way Zak's riding I expect to go through a couple frames this year. I'm sure you'll be busy during the day but make sure you make it over for dinner & drinks.

Pappy
04-20-2008, 07:47 AM
no worries marty, i will atleast bring a truck.....and a nice cold drink or 6 will fit nicley after a hard days work:devil:

burkebrothers
04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
This is the Momma and you better stop over .. there is no reason you can't ......... You are welcome to whatever you need all day long ..And welcome to eat with us too ... At least I would hope you would know that by now......... SEE YA NEXT WEEK >>>>>>>>

Heatpump#4
04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah ill be at the National.... sunday watchin :-(