PDA

View Full Version : Birch Creek

mini racer #39
04-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Were head'n back south again! Anyone have another route besides going through Lovers Leap....YUCK... We made the mistake last year of going that route and it took us forever and wasn't that great for or brakes either. Just trying to find some other way to the track. Any ideas PLEASE let me know:eek2:

dodgepower
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
there is always air:).good luck yall..........we are following erik from afar:)

Logan #34's Dad
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Bobbie, we have the same problem too. Those mountains in West "by-god" Virginia are going to KILL our gas mileage. According to mapquest if I go due east and then south, it will add about one hour to the trip. no-thanks.

quadnana7
04-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey don't make a mountain out of our little mole hills down here in the south:devil: :blah: :D :D
The fuel is the worse our little Motorhome sure does like it thou it stay thirsty

kylie'spitcrew
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
We live in WV and are going to Birch Creek. We are going to get on 460 and go to Lynchburg then go south to Danville. I don't think there is a good way but this might be better. Good luck and we hope to see you there. Joe

mini racer #39
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Last year we went all the way up through Roanoake. Then back tracked back down to 77 (I think it was). Anyway I pulled out old reliabale last night and looked at the RanMcNally. I think we may follow 77 down into NC and then come back up and hit 58 near Martinsville. I looked a lot better and shorter then All the was up through Roanoake. Just a little out of the way but it will make better gas miliage then trying to climb that HILL!

Logan #34's Dad
04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey Havert, Thanks for the pic. Anyhow, We live on I-77. I travel that way when I travel south. It is a very large mountain range on I-77 through West Virginia. Can you go south from home then East? Or East then south?

mxkids
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Last year we went into Carolina then up to Danville. Alot better than Lovers Leap. I hate that road.

rookiewrench
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Do you bypass lovers leap if you go south from Roanoake to Danville???