PDA

View Full Version : Shaking issues after new tires & rims

Ispep1012
04-15-2008, 09:46 AM
I put on brand new ITP XCR's mounted on ITP C-Series Sport Rims on my 01 400EX.

The Tires are,
22x7x10-Front
20x11x10-Rear

Rims are,
10x5-Front
10x8-Rear

After installing them I get a shake in my handlebars starting in mid to high 3rd gear and continues as I go faster. If you watch the front tires it appears that they do not make a true circular rotation but it seems minor.

I should also note that before I installed them I replace the rear axle bearings, repacked the front hubs and went around and greased everything I could. Never had this problem with the old tires and rims and also my buddys 06 400 did it from day one.

Feel like throwing some suggestions my way?

04-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Over inflate them, then let all the air out, then put them back to right pressure or Pop it off the bead and re-do them. sometimes they set wierd, or dont pop on the bead right. and make sure if you take it off the bead you put soap or wd-40 or something on there so it slides on easy all the way through

and you'll always get a different feel with big tires like that.

Ispep1012
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks I will give that a shot. I dont really want to pop them of the bead though. Also the only tires that are bigger is the rear but the XCR's are low in profile so they match the stock rears. Only diff is the 10" rim and the offsets.

Ispep1012
04-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Well I aired them up to 35psi and went around both sidewalls with a hammer to try and set the beads. It seems a little better. At about high 3rd it started a minor shake then as I got into 4th it seemed to go away. I also noticed that my front brake pads are slightly rubbing on the rotors. Not sure if that would cause that though.