PDA

View Full Version : Whats she worth ????

Slochrane
04-15-2008, 02:11 AM
What do you think I could get for this quad?
Insane airbox, twin air power flow, full yosh carbon,trailtech clamps,contour bars,alba billet throttle,new tires,dmp graphics,tag bumper.
Oh yeah its a 03 with new 05 plastics.

Kicking around the idea of selling it

BamBam730
04-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Well kept considering its a 2003. I would start off by asking around $2800 and mabye letting it go for $2300. Unfortunatley all the after market add-ons, add little to the value. They due increase the price a little, but you are never going to recup what you put into it. That just the way it is.

zdowell
04-15-2008, 07:49 AM
screw that, 2300 in my mind is way to low. I wouldn't take less than 2700. Its very clean, plus it has 05 plastics. If you can, return some of it to stock, like pipe..etc. It may take some time, but someone would definetly give you at least 2700 for that set up if not a little more. For my 04, I personally wouldn't take less than about 2700, you ever try trading in a 400ex? Dealers will take them real easy, last year with my 02 he gave me 2300 and it was stock, probably could of got even more out of him.

DementeD
04-15-2008, 08:30 AM
i guess it depends on the area..where im at it probably wouldnt go for more then 2500 tops..it does look very nice and has newer plastics but fact remains its still an 03 without reverse...
and seeing as how u can get an 99-04 around here for 1700-2300 i dont see him gettin much more then that..just my opinion..

f150mann
04-15-2008, 09:20 AM
my area, about 4500

BigBore24
04-15-2008, 09:36 AM
considering most of your upgrades are appealing to the eye i dont think you will take as much of a loss on them than if the upgrades were performance. i think you should be able to get 27-2800 no problem if you have patience. some youngster will get fixated on how good it looks and go for it

Honda#4
04-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd start at $3,100 people always want to go down in price, if no one is interested in it you can always go down in price.

Ruby Soho
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BigBore24
considering most of your upgrades are appealing to the eye i dont think you will take as much of a loss on them than if the upgrades were performance. i think you should be able to get 27-2800 no problem if you have patience. some youngster will get fixated on how good it looks and go for it

got that right.. i have mine up at 3000$ locally and have had some offers, its finding the kid who's getting into the sport and doesn't know much about anything whos gonna give you more than its worth:p

BamBam730
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by zdowell
screw that, 2300 in my mind is way to low. I wouldn't take less than 2700. Its very clean, plus it has 05 plastics. If you can, return some of it to stock, like pipe..etc. It may take some time, but someone would definetly give you at least 2700 for that set up if not a little more. For my 04, I personally wouldn't take less than about 2700, you ever try trading in a 400ex? Dealers will take them real easy, last year with my 02 he gave me 2300 and it was stock, probably could of got even more out of him.
Good luck on selling it. Did not mean to low ball the value, I was just looking at it as a person who is well versed in ATV's. In my area I dont think it would be easy to sell, but like I said, I did not mean to lowball the number.

STUNTIN400EX
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
i think the question has become " are you an honest person" or
"do you want to rob someone with less knowledge" where i am from that is called TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE!!!! i am not trying to be rude but taking some young kids money is just wrong! ask 2700 for your quad and don't settle for anything less than 2300!

zdowell
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Wow, never knew selling to someone was suppose to be a honest and fair game. You should tell a dealer that, he'd probably laugh his *** off. On NADA average retail is 2800. Go to a ATV dealer, guarantee that they charge that if not more for a bone stock 400ex.

UNBROKEN
04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
^^^^^ agreed, noone has a gun to the kids head if u dont like the price go buy a newone, andthe dealer take advantage of u , we got to make money in this world somehow, and thats a great looking quad btw in my area ud see 25 to 2700

UNBROKEN
04-15-2008, 04:57 PM
^^^^^ agreed, noone has a gun to the kids head if u dont like the price go buy a newone, andthe dealer take advantage of u , we got to make money in this world somehow, and thats a great looking quad btw in my area ud see 25 to 2700

redsurdaddy
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
As a used car dealer I would say that you should be able to get 2800 for it if that's book value. It's a nice machine so I don't see any reason to go lower than you need to on the price right off the bat. Advertise it well with good color photos and you should get book or close. If you want to sell it fast, start a little lower, if you don't need to get rid of it right away, start around book. Your not ripping anyone off buy selling something for book value unless it's a lemon. As a consumer a person has the responsibility to research an item before he or she purchases. This is especially true for expensive things like cars or houses. Personally I sell all of my cars for less than book value but in my opinion you can ask as much as you want to for something and if someone is dumb enough to pay they should have shopped around a little. I don't get too worked up unless someone is trying to unload something that has problems without notifying the buyer of them.