PDA

View Full Version : choke out

the freak
04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
please help me. i have a problem. when i have the choke out my bike it runs fine as soon as i push the choke in it turns off. i pulled off the carb and cleand everything that i could see, but no changes. last week it wouldnt start. now since i pull the carb off it will start fine as long as the choke is out. what can it be. do you think im missing something in the carb. i have adj the screw in and out as well with no change.

Knoxy
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
well. at first i was going to suggest jetting.... which might be the cause... but it sounds like bad air flow.... clean your filter and tubing running into the bike... maybe its that.... bad floats too maybe!

check the air filter
check the floats... the slip out of spec once and a while... especially if your messin with them from time to time! lol

the freak
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
thank you. i did take out the air filter( stock one) clean it and put it back in. how do you know if the floats are messed up

Knoxy
04-15-2008, 12:16 PM
if your getting alot of overflow out of the bleeder valves
or if your breaking up at idel or high speeds

i may be wrong on this tho. better wait until somebody else backs me up on this... or not. lol

the freak
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
not sure what happen but i took everything apart again and blew it out with the air hose. i also adj. the gas /air mixture screw out 1 turn and now it runs great. either it was the gas screw the hole time or i blew out the dirt. either way it is good to go. thanks for the help. i didnt think the screw would need to be moved if i never moved it in the first place.

Knoxy
04-16-2008, 07:57 AM
thanks for the update.. ill keep that in mind for next time.
have fun riding again!