PDA

View Full Version : Racing Question

MyIce
11-06-2001, 03:45 PM
I would like to get sponsored, what kind of quads do they mostly use to race, besides 250r's. Could i trick my 300ex out and race it or would i need to get a faster or more powerful quad? Anyone know of any good Motorcross tracks in Texas where i could race and possibly get sponsored?

trueblue450
11-06-2001, 04:23 PM
Well to get sponsered, you need to race and race somewhat good. A local shop or store is not going to sponser someone that isnt going to help them out. If you want to race your 300 you have to be real good, and you have to pimp it out somewhat. Not bragging but I can beat banshees and modded 400s on my stock 300, so its not all in the machine. Now they might not be the best riders, but its starting. So just get good with you quad and you should have no problem on your 300. Racing (so i hear) is 80% rider and 20% machine. So give it your best.

stevengates45
11-18-2001, 12:46 PM
Thats true. A motocrosser came to our dragstrip last night on a 400EX with a T-4 pipe & a jetted out carb & I was on a stock 300EX & I beat him in our class. The 300 I was on had a supertrapp pipe & a k&n filter. He wasnt even supposed to be in our class. Its a 0-350 stock class & he still got stomped. haha. This just lets everybody know that drag racin takes alot more riding ability than you think.

11-19-2001, 06:49 AM
If your really interested in sponsorship, check out sponsorhouse.com. They have everything you need to get your resume together and they have contacts throughout the racing industry, they send your resume out to everyone for you.