PDA

View Full Version : Tires out of stock???

mattn03
04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I've been trying to get rear tires for my 400EX for over a month now!! I was looking for 22/11/9's in ITP Trac Stars, but after talking with ITP directly, they said it could be months before they make anymore of them. After finding this out, I proceeded with ordering Kenda Klaws in 22/11/9's. I found out today they're also on backorder. What in the world is going on with the tire market??? :mad:

BigBore24
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENDA-KLAW-22X11-9-REAR-PAIR_W0QQitemZ220198108868QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p 3756.m20.l1116
trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ43983QQihZ01 9QQitemZ290086179835QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

dont know what you think bout ebay but heres some

mattn03
04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENDA-KLAW-22X11-9-REAR-PAIR_W0QQitemZ220198108868QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p 3756.m20.l1116
trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ43983QQihZ01 9QQitemZ290086179835QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

dont know what you think bout ebay but heres some

Thanks. I have already payed for one set of Klaws off of Ebay, so if they'll let me cancel the order, I might see if I can get them from this company.

BigBore24
04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
sorry other link didnt work right

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ITP-TRAC-STAR-REAR-ATV-TIRE-22x11R-9-TR37107_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el 1247QQcategoryZ43983QQihZ002QQitemZ120129001453QQr dZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

mattn03
04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
sorry other link didnt work right

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ITP-TRAC-STAR-REAR-ATV-TIRE-22x11R-9-TR37107_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el 1247QQcategoryZ43983QQihZ002QQitemZ120129001453QQr dZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

This is the company I *attempted* to order the Trac Stars from & they told me after agreeing to a Buy It Now price that they were out of stock. They said they had the Klaw's in stock & I could have them for the same price. Low & behold, 3 days later, no tracking #, and they finally respond to my email that these are out of stock too. You'd think they'd actually know what they have in their inventory...:mad:

BigBore24
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by mattn03
This is the company I *attempted* to order the Trac Stars from & they told me after agreeing to a Buy It Now price that they were out of stock. They said they had the Klaw's in stock & I could have them for the same price. Low & behold, 3 days later, no tracking #, and they finally respond to my email that these are out of stock too. You'd think they'd actually know what they have in their inventory...:mad:

they wouldnt want to tell you they were out. then you wouldnt give them your money. besides that might involve someone getting off there arse and going to check

triple b
04-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Matton03

www.mta-la.com is the distributor ITP & Kenda tires.
They do not sell to the public but they might have the name of a dealer with some in stock. Give them a call.

In your sig it looks like you already had a set of TracStars on your EX. If so how did the compare to stock or others you have tried?

mattn03
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by triple b
Hey Matton03

www.mta-la.com is the distributor ITP & Kenda tires.
They do not sell to the public but they might have the name of a dealer with some in stock. Give them a call.

In your sig it looks like you already had a set of TracStars on your EX. If so how did the compare to stock or others you have tried?

The sig needs to be updated because I didn't think it would be a problem getting rear Trac Stars. I love the front Trac Stars. They hook up very well compared to the stockers and seem to clean out better in the mud. I ordered 2 Kenda Klaws from Chapparal this morning & supposedly they shipped out today. I'll believe it when I see them at my front door! lol

lawdog800
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
you can try Magic Racing too...... LINK (http://www.magicracing.com)

mattn03
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
And the saga continues!! I received the 22x11x9 Kenda Klaws today, except one tire was a 22x11x8! UGH. I sending them back and their sending a couple Kenda Knarly's in 22x11x9. I just hope they get it right this time.

This was the last two Kenda Klaws they had in a 22" tire, so that is why they can't send another 9" version. Supposedly, Kenda is discontinuing the 22x11x9 Klaws....

mattn03
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Since I had the tires anyways, I figured I'd shoot a pic & show the size difference.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3905/p1010017dw3.jpg

bearair
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Depending on what type of terrain you ride on, you'll like the Knarlys. We just put a set on both my 400 and my wife's 250. I'm dropping the countershaft sprocket one tooth but I really like the little bit of extra ground clearance and REALLY like the traction. The Knarlys work really well on rocks. We put 22X11X9's on both of ours. My wife really likes the added stability on hers.

mattn03
04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bearair
Depending on what type of terrain you ride on, you'll like the Knarlys. We just put a set on both my 400 and my wife's 250. I'm dropping the countershaft sprocket one tooth but I really like the little bit of extra ground clearance and REALLY like the traction. The Knarlys work really well on rocks. We put 22X11X9's on both of ours. My wife really likes the added stability on hers.

Any pics of your 400EX with the 22's? I've already dropped to a 13 tooth sprocket because the tires were supposed to be here a month ago. I trail ride in a little bit of everything-except sand dunes.

bearair
04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Any pics of your 400EX with the 22's? I've already dropped to a 13 tooth sprocket because the tires were supposed to be here a month ago. I trail ride in a little bit of everything-except sand dunes.

Just put them on the bikes Friday night so no pics yet. I can take a couple tomorrow after work though. Drop me a PM and I'll take a couple. The bike is dusty though! Went riding Saturday in the cold.

My 13 tooth should be here tomorrow along with the wife's nerfs. can you believe the dealer doesn't stock any? We ordered the tires mounted on ITP Pro Series wheels in black from Rocky Mountain. WARNING! If you order from Rocky Mountain, there is no selection for tapered lug wheels even with the bike configured when selecting things. We ended up with the flat faced rims and had to go searching for the correct flanged lug nuts on Saturday. Rocky Mountain does NOT send the stock type tapered lug wheels. When I spoke with customer service, they told me that I needed to order the lug nuts seperately. I know that ITP offers these rims in a tapered lug fitment so I was a bit disappointed in Rocky Mountain.

TRXRacer1
04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm running 13/38 sprockets for my 21" Knarly's. They've been a great tire for me in about every terrain. I like the 21" better then the 22's. Here's a side by side of stock to the 21".

http://miltechsolutions.tripod.com/offroad/wata/400ex/newandold.jpg

mattn03
04-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Woohoo!!! I FINALLY got some tires in! I ended up with 22x11x9 Kenda Knarly XC's. I'm going to get them mounted tomorrow & hope to have a chance to ride a little over the weekend. The Knarly's seem lighter than the Klaws that came in a couple days ago also.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/7306/p1010019so4.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7506/p1010020pl0.jpg

redsurdaddy
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't wait to see them on it!

red_rider_069
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I've been trying to get rear tires for my 400EX for over a month now!! I was looking for 22/11/9's in ITP Trac Stars, but after talking with ITP directly, they said it could be months before they make anymore of them. After finding this out, I proceeded with ordering Kenda Klaws in 22/11/9's. I found out today they're also on backorder. What in the world is going on with the tire market??? :mad: try rocky mountain atv.. lol =) and those 22s you got are huge!!.. i fee like my 20s are big :S

mattn03
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by red_rider_069
try rocky mountain atv.. lol =) and those 22s you got are huge!!.. i fee like my 20s are big :S

Yep, no doubt about it, they are pretty big. I hope I don't regret getting the 22's instead of 21's. I got them mounted on my lunch break, but won't have pics until tomorrow when I get time to put them on the 400EX. I'll post pics & riding review then. :D

mattn03
04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I had time to get them mounted tonight, so here are some pics. I only rode it about 10 minutes, so I'll hold judgement until later. It does seem to want to roll more when going into turns fast, but the ground is very dry so I'm not surprised. We're supposed to get rain this weekend, so I'll be ready to take it out to the woods after that.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1698/p1010004yx8.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8646/p1010005xt4.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/248/p1010006rc0.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8715/p1010007xb9.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5817/p1010008mc1.jpg

redsurdaddy
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
that actually doesn't look too bad, i'm thinking of getting 21's or 22's for mine. i'm looking forward to your performance rating. i do mostly woods riding

mattn03
04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by redsurdaddy
that actually doesn't look too bad, i'm thinking of getting 21's or 22's for mine. i'm looking forward to your performance rating. i do mostly woods riding

I only ride in the woods too, so that is why I went with them. I have lots more ground clearance for sure! lol

bearair
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Here's one of my bike after riding it this last weekend. It's dusty, but it's going to get a lot worse over the weekend. The weather is looking good and we got all the chores done during the week so we are RIDING this weekend. Both days actually. My wife's bike should be ready for the first service after Sunday.

Found out the rear wheels are ITP T-9 Pro Series versus ITP GP T-9's on the front. The GP's have double rolled lips and are available with lug inserts whereas the Pro series T-9's are flat with no inserts only. Wish Rocky Mountain had a bit more info on the wheels on their website. Ended up with 4+1's for the front so that I could get the front end width down slightly.

The rear width is about 1 1/2" wider than it was with the stock 20" tires. The front end is about 1 1/4" narrower than it was with stock wheels and the +2 arms. That puts the front end really close to the same width as the rear. We have a 48" max width here in Idaho that no one pays a lot of attention to unless they trail ride. If you are much over 48 inches you WILL know it. The trails out in the desert seem to be biased towards the utility quads and the wheel tracks seem to be 38-44" or so. I use almost all the width of the trail on some trails. That means I'm up on the sides of the wheel ruts on both sides. With the front end slightly narrower I feel a bit less ponderous even though I know it's only an inch and a half or so. It just feels narrower.

The Kendas LOVE rocks. They grip a ton. My wife loves hers on the 250ex, but that could be because they widen the rear and add flat profiles to the tippy machine. I rode hers around the parking lot and now it slides instead of tips. Much more fun!

mattn03
04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by bearair
Here's one of my bike after riding it this last weekend. It's dusty, but it's going to get a lot worse over the weekend. The weather is looking good and we got all the chores done during the week so we are RIDING this weekend. Both days actually. My wife's bike should be ready for the first service after Sunday.

Found out the rear wheels are ITP T-9 Pro Series versus ITP GP T-9's on the front. The GP's have double rolled lips and are available with lug inserts whereas the Pro series T-9's are flat with no inserts only. Wish Rocky Mountain had a bit more info on the wheels on their website. Ended up with 4+1's for the front so that I could get the front end width down slightly.

The rear width is about 1 1/2" wider than it was with the stock 20" tires. The front end is about 1 1/4" narrower than it was with stock wheels and the +2 arms. That puts the front end really close to the same width as the rear. We have a 48" max width here in Idaho that no one pays a lot of attention to unless they trail ride. If you are much over 48 inches you WILL know it. The trails out in the desert seem to be biased towards the utility quads and the wheel tracks seem to be 38-44" or so. I use almost all the width of the trail on some trails. That means I'm up on the sides of the wheel ruts on both sides. With the front end slightly narrower I feel a bit less ponderous even though I know it's only an inch and a half or so. It just feels narrower.

The Kendas LOVE rocks. They grip a ton. My wife loves hers on the 250ex, but that could be because they widen the rear and add flat profiles to the tippy machine. I rode hers around the parking lot and now it slides instead of tips. Much more fun!

Have fun this weekend man! Did you get the new sprocket in?

bearair
04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Have fun this weekend man! Did you get the new sprocket in?

Dang straight! Put it on Thursday. Should be better in the tight stuff. Had to pick the bike up and manually turn it around last weekend. We were going up a dry wash and the sides started to go up next to us (about 7 feet high) and then it narrowed down. Ended up coming around a corner and had a pinch point in front of us. Thankfully there was a small tributary that was right near me or I would have had to back out for a ways in a small canyon about 12 inches wider than the bike. Ended up being able to push it back to the junction and then picked up the front and went back and forth several times to get it faced around. It was fun! Good way to get a workout. Have fun this weekend!

red_rider_069
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Yep, no doubt about it, they are pretty big. I hope I don't regret getting the 22's instead of 21's. I got them mounted on my lunch break, but won't have pics until tomorrow when I get time to put them on the 400EX. I'll post pics & riding review then. :D yea 22s give you more top speed.. and smaller ones more low end.. but thats why i stuck to 20s ==0

honda8&3
04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
so how are the Knarly XC's... I kinda want to try out a new tire and switch from the RAZR2's for a bit but I'm not sure what I want. I want to try either the Knarly XC's or Holeshot H-D's or GNCC's but I'm really liking the Kenda's especially cuz they wear down a lot better than ITP tires IMO...

mattn03
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
so how are the Knarly XC's... I kinda want to try out a new tire and switch from the RAZR2's for a bit but I'm not sure what I want. I want to try either the Knarly XC's or Holeshot H-D's or GNCC's but I'm really liking the Kenda's especially cuz they wear down a lot better than ITP tires IMO...

I've only ridden about 30 minutes on them around our woods & yard. They seem to hook up pretty good, but don't slide on the dry hardpacked dirt. I guess it's the combination of taller tire & more bite prevents them from sliding as much. I'm hoping to go to a OHV park this weekend & will be able to judge better there.

red_rider_069
04-28-2008, 10:52 PM
hmm more tipsy sounds likes its ognna be.. i ogt a pal who put 25s i think on back for clearance.. haha he looked goofy.. he realized how tipsy it was and went back to 20s

bearair
04-29-2008, 06:50 AM

So far my wife and I both like them. I'm still trying to figure out the best pressure for them. We put about 6 hours on them this last weekend. They seem to work pretty well for our conditions. They really stick to rocks. They don't seem to work well in slushy snow, but then what does on a 2wd machine? They hook up well in the woods where we were riding this weekend. All around a pretty good trail tire. If I decide to go MX for a bit, I'll swap the 20's back on.

mattn03
05-04-2008, 08:30 PM

I finally went to an OHV park this weekend. I am very impressed with the tires! The Trac Stars steer very well in about all trail conditions-hard pack, gravel, light mud, heavier mud, etc. The Knarly's really worked well. Between the extra ground clearance they offer in 22" height, width, and the tread pattern, I didn't get stuck once. There was no way I would have made it in several places today if I'd still had my old tires. Another rider had Holeshots (not sure which version), but they were constantly spinning more compared to me. The Knarly's also grab onto rocks & tree roots well and keep you going. I was a little worried when riding around the house because they don't slide in the grass like the old stockers did, but I felt much better after spending a day trying the new setup out. I'd recommend either of these tires!