PDA

View Full Version : dc team riders

dcarter
04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
congrats to all the DC team riders.
josh carter 4th place in the production B class

matt carter 1st place in the 90 mod. class on dc motorsports mod.

ryan harness 1st place in the 70 mod. class on dc motorsports mod.

will harness 1st place in the 50 stock class

brandon smittley ran 6th on saturday before getting sick saturday night and was not able to compete sunday.

good job all and we will see you at the next round. Dave

THARNESS
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Dave,Thanks for all of the help you give Ryan and Will. They couldn't have done it without you. Congrats on your Mods winning both the 70 and 90mod classes. I sure hope that everyone else dosen't want one, I like Ryan having the advantage. Just kidding. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

etondaddy
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Congratulations to all the team DC riders from everyone here at KMK Motorsports.

We can't wait to get our DC Honda out there and start tearing it up with the rest of you guys.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Congrats to all the DC riders, everybody did a great job dealing with the bad weather.

Hey Dave, Brandon is back up and ready for his big race this weekend at Dublin Gap for the first round of the PAMX ATV Regional series, hopefully I can keep his temp. under control this weekend. Thanks for everything Dave, it was great to finally get to meet you and look forward to the next round we will attend at High Point. Can't wait, hopefully we will have a little better weather and get to hang out more outside and have some cook out's....

Kevin Smitley

Nichols Atvs
04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Congrats Dave and the DC riders on a great first few races .
Kevin sorry to hear the boy was sick hope he gets better.
And Dave the color was perfect for the a arms and swinger got them today, got to order new front brake lines old ones way to short. I will post pics when its complete.

Heath

dcarter
04-15-2008, 03:16 AM
thanks kevin and heath
yea it was great to finialy get to meet you and your family man was the weather something. I am looking forward to getting to hang out with your family and meeting mike and his family as well. heath i am glad the a-arms and swinger look like you wanted and i really want some pics. when you get it assembled. I think we are on the right track with the dc mod. frames ryan made them look good this weekend and so did matt. the rougher the track the better they like it! have a great day.
dave

jaksdad
04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Heh Dave
how do we contact you??
Rod

BradLoomis
04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by jaksdad
Heh Dave
how do we contact you??
Rod

501 679 5780

dcarter
04-16-2008, 04:09 AM
thanks every one,
we really have to thank a couple of people for our good finishes this year. Josh's 450 motor was built by lucky nichols at lcs racing and it is one really fast motor, kevin from lost creek did the shocks and they work great!
Matt's motor he is running now was done by Billie Holt, you know him as wrh racing. He took one of our old cylinders that had the nickelsil messed up and ported it. Then he had it extrude honed to clean up the transfers for better flow. The cylinder was set up for a new honda piston and we took our time breaking it in. Man does that thing run.
I can't take anything away from my sons they have really worked and trained hard to make the switch from TT to moto cross and it is starting to show.
Keith Little had told matt two years ago that he should make the switch to moto cross if he wanted to go anywhere in this sport and that he thought he had what it takes to really do good, my son loves keith and takes every word to heart from him so he really has tried to not let keith down.
Matt is my test rider and he is going to test our new carbon fiber steering steem in his mod this weekend!
Thanks Brad, you have really got me excited about these new products!!!!!!!!! and these mini riders are going to go crazy for them.
Thank you to every one and come see us at the next national!!
Dave

markvette
04-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Dave
you hit the nail on the head with your motor builders. i am a friend of billys and use to hang out at his shop a lot. lucky ported my sons 300ex cylinder last year. he was running beginner class locally with all 450's and hanging with them on the 300. i have been to his shop in dallas a few times with billy when he was manager of the pro indoor race team. when you put billy and lucky in a room together you have 2 of the best minds in motor building in the nation. like i have always said. if you have the rider to get it done then billy is the man to build your motor. he taught me a lot about these little motors in the few years i was hanging at his shop. congrats to you and your boys.

Mark

dcarter
04-16-2008, 08:42 AM
thanks mark,
lucky is building matt a new 90 motor right now. Billie said that he was the best on cr motors so we are running billie's stuff now and well pleased with it. we are going to run lucky's motor as soon as it is finished. i think between the two of them we shoulder have the motor department covered. if matt's motor runs like josh's motor look out. Billie's motor is a lot better than what we were running so i am excited!!!! thanks dave

BradLoomis
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dcarter
Matt is my test rider and he is going to test our new carbon fiber steering steem in his mod this weekend!
Thanks Brad, you have really got me excited about these new products!!!!!!!!! and these mini riders are going to go crazy for them.

Your welcome Dave! It has been a pleasure to work with you on this stuff, and I couldn't do it without you. Like working with Daryl Rath, to build their carbon fiber sway bar assemblies, I can only build what you tell me it needs to be. You guys know what you need, I just try to deliver it:D

PS: Glad to hear that I don't have to fly over there and put a whipping on your taxman!:eek2:

markvette
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
hey brad, havent talked to you in a while. havent been over to billys in about 8 months so i miss talking to a lot of you guys. you need to send me one of them fancy fishing rods, getting ready to do some cat fishing. LOL

Mark

BradLoomis
04-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Mark,
Miss talking to you too.

Don't you good ole' boyz, not even use fishing rods. I thought you southern boys just bear wrestled everything down there:D

markvette
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
heck i just shoot the big ole cats with my pistol.LOL

dcarter
04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
fishing rods? man it's race season!!! just kidding going fishing today would be great but we will have a few new pics. of products in a little while! hey Brad you have given me so much to look foward to that i can't hardly sleep at night!!!! ask kevin i am getting up at 3:00 a.m. just to come to work. my sons are getting excited as well looking forward to the new stuff coming out. they want people to know them as part of dc motorsports as well, how is that for great!!!!
that's what it's all about having fun making new freinds and spending time with both!! thanks for the great freindship's dave

etondaddy
04-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I wore out my fishin rod welcome................. how about Brad...............sorry again.

Mike Kozura

BradLoomis
04-17-2008, 09:44 AM
How did this post turn into a fishing post :confused: ... It wasn't me ... cuz I don't fish:huh.

Like building them, just don't care to use them. I'd rather drink beer and make up lies about anything else than " the one that got away" :D

OK back to your regular posting

etondaddy
04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
OK back to the DC riders.............. can't wait to get the new DC/Loomis steering stem on Kyle's team DC Honda 125

Mike Kozura

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/steeringstem.jpg