PDA

View Full Version : Yukon gears discontinued?

250Renvy
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I was looking on the Yukon website and don't see any atv gears on there.

Are YUKON gears discontinued? I can't find anybody that sells them anymore.

We should make a sticky with a list of discontinued parts so people who find out something is discontinued can post it.

It's sad how much stuff is gone. I just noticed on ESR's site they no longer offer cylinders less than 310.

All250R
04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
There was a guy on ebay blowing out a batch of his stock, but I don't see them listed anymore.

What are the pros and cons of running those gears? Do you see more mainshaft bearing failures when you run them maybe?

I think you can still get stock sized cyls from LA Sleeve. I know ESR will sell their powervalve separately.

I saw 3 new white 89 nose/hoods sell for $1000 recently, which is frickin crazy. It appears there's still some market for parts for the R, so I wonder just how dry it's going to get...

All250R
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
There was a guy on ebay blowing out a batch of his stock, but I don't see them listed anymore.

What are the pros and cons of running those gears? Do you see more mainshaft bearing failures when you run them maybe?

I think you can still get stock sized cyls from LA Sleeve. I know ESR will sell their powervalve separately.

I saw 3 new white 89 nose/hoods sell for $1000 recently. It appears there's still some market for parts for the R, so I wonder just how dry it's going to get...

brokenbones
04-14-2008, 08:12 PM
you can still get yukon gears from airdog up in washington they sell for 359.00 i bought a couple sets a few years back i think the phone number is

425 327 8401

airdog is the name from a few years back but the guy who invented the yukon gears is from randys ring and pinon up in lynnwood washington and those boys ran bigbore Rs at the oregon coast for lots of years mine have been bullet proof as of yet but i go through my bottom end every 6 months

as for the cylinder you can buy them thru esr still they just dont have them on there web site i went to there shop last october when i was down racing at the pismo worcs beach race and they had that stuff then

just my 2 cents

pdxbigfoot
04-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Last set that the gentleman on E-Bay had. Going in the motor on the 22nd. Its weird spending alot of $ on something that you never see as opposed to spending the same amount on fenders or Hipers for example but its worth the piece of mind....i will have pics up by the end of the month....Jason

Qracer
04-16-2008, 09:00 PM
The guy on e-bay has listed them again.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260231191645&ih=016&category=43977&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:NEWLIST#LIST