PDA

View Full Version : itp quad cross

boomer43
04-14-2008, 03:10 PM
should the shifter run with the cvt & auto. they ran them together this past weekend. i am talking about the cr80,yz80,kx80,corbra. Iwas just wondering what everyone else think.Some of the dads said it was the same bike and there is no difference in the bike.

aasco90
04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
are you just talking about running the two classes together or all in the same class? the worcs run a few classes at the same time otherwise it would take a week to run all the classes.

raidernut
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
at itp they run the 90s with the shifters, and it is bogus. The promoter is pretty much impossible to work with on the mini classes. I fought for two years to get a 51-70 auto class, that didnt include shifters. Now everyone on a 90 cvt has to race against fully modified shifter bikes. This is the reason why this series has such a low turnout in the mini classes. you can attempt to talk to, or email lori at glen helen who puts the classes together and explain your frustration.let her know the atva has an auto cvt class, because these are the class structures that she tries to go by. You can reach her from the glenhelen.com website, i wish you luck.

azextreme
04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Not only that they was a full frame yfz450 bike with a cr85 engine, Full JB racing bikes and there was a kid that ran in the 12-15 91cc-300cc then a coupe of moto's down then runs in the 71-90cc 8-11 class???

Logan #34's Dad
04-14-2008, 09:35 PM
No way the cvt's should have to run against the shifters or Cobras. There is a world of differance. Try to make the promoter understand that the cvt is a starter class that will eventually lead to a much larger schoolboy type class. They need to understand that not everyone has the cash to buy a competitive shifter. Those parents wanting to try this racing thing will not come back if they show up with their yard quad and have to race a mod bike. cvt's do get expensive but you can build it as the rider's skill level rises and as you get the cash. IMO

boomer43
04-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Can you guys help me with this. I talk to lori about this and got nowhere with her the day of the race. I would think if everyone would get together we could get another class. I would think the kids dad that are on the shifter bike would try to help to. Its hard for me to spend all this money to go race and know that we are at a disavantage before we even get there.

QuadJunkies
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
With Youth classed being one of the top growing classes in our sport, I cant imagine why its even an issue splitting them up:confused:
Im sure there more than enough to adequately run separate classes and make it more fair. If it is to cont. to grow, classes need to be spilt up more ,and even when they are split, then CC Disp. needs to be addressed as well.
I can only imagine how fustrated the kids get .
I dont get why its such a big deal for them to split them up?
So ....they run the same gate?? A few more trophies are involved..

raidernut
04-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by boomer43
Can you guys help me with this. I talk to lori about this and got nowhere with her the day of the race. I would think if everyone would get together we could get another class. I would think the kids dad that are on the shifter bike would try to help to. Its hard for me to spend all this money to go race and know that we are at a disavantage before we even get there.

my best advice would be to flood her with emails, explaining the need for a 90 auto class. You can email her at lori@glenhelen.com i will send one for you guys, and if enough people do maybe she will get the point

azextreme
04-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Just curious? auto only where would that put a trx90 or typhoon at? Would you not say that a drr/apex could run with either of these? I did not have a problem with what engine was used it was the JB bikes and bike bike frames that I thought was not fair and that should be in a different class. Damm At least let the bike start off as a mini Quad. Auto only seems that the only option is to to buy DRR/Apex.

QuadJunkies
04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
The TRX and Extreme run in the CVT class on WORCS in the 71-90 class I know.Im not sure about all the other classes.

boomer43
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
az extreme yes the trx 90 & typoon would run with the drr & apex

boomer43
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
raidernut thank you for the help .

Logan #34's Dad
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay, For the four stroke Extreme and Honda. IMO. There needs to be a cc limit for four strokes in the 70cc classes and a cc limit in the 90 classes. In ATVA the Honda 90 is aloud to be a 125cc and run in the 90mod class with the plus 70cc Cobras. So the Typhoon 125 would fit there. NOW for the 70cc class, I think you could allow up to 100cc four-stroke in the 70 class. HOWEVER, If it shifts, it needs to be in the 70mod class. That's how I believe it should work. Just my opinion. It is just too easy to throw in a KX65 motor on a chassis and want to blow everyone away in a cvt class. The cvt class should be an entry level class. IMO

yfz450ba
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM
They split them up at GNCC. now all clutched quads must run the super mini class. Its working great.:)