PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no money paid out at ATV XC events?

jchurch
04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
My intent is not to bash any series or promotor, but seriously, why is there no money paid out to anyone besides the pro class?
Would the B and C class riders rather race for cash or a plaque? Are there any promotors doing this?
I am asking these questions as a little research into possibly opening my land to harescramble races in the near future. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.....
JC

lghickman21
04-14-2008, 03:44 PM
if the other classes get paid they are no longer considered amateurs.

jchurch
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
I've heard of an AMA rule about this. Does anyone know of a confirmed case of them enforcimg the rule? I personally know of riders in District AMA events that have ran pro in the past and are now running other (amature) classes. Where is the line of professionalism drawn? If I have accepted cash payouts in another form of motorsports, say go kart racing for example, would that eliminate me from AMA amature status? Who would police this?
I appreciate any input you may have on this. I have many questions and ideas.
Thanks....JC

m.h.s.c.#527
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
it would void the series promoters ama insurance. when something goes wrong they investigate' if your doing anything wrong they say too bad and dont provide their insurance

lghickman21
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Here is a link to the AMA rulebook 2008 Rulebook (http://www.amadirectlink.com/rulebooks/AmateurRules2008.pdf)

Chapter 1
A. General

then

B. Riders and Classifications

I think those might answer the questions you have. From what I get out of it is that if you advance in one type of racing be it carts then any AMA sanctioned cart type racing you enter you have to compete in the highest class you race in at any AMA sanctioned event. But if you race in another type of racing say MX for example, your status as a cart racers has no bearing on the MX class you can run. Maybe that helps, if not the rulebook might.:ermm: