PDA

View Full Version : We Made It Home From Kentucky!!!

Logan #34's Dad
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Well, for all of us that were at Bowling Green. As some of you were aware I had a terrible time in Ky. It started out on the way there from Ohio. (400 miles). With about 125 miles to go my new/used motor home overheated. I pulled off an exit and removed the thermostat and gunked it up to finish the trip. My good ole' buddy Jeff Miller and family stayed by my side as I "repaired" it. I told the Miller's to go on w/o me. Well, I traveled the rest of the way with an overheating motor. (Thermostat was not the problem). We made it to the Track. Later the next day (Friday) we came to the opinion that the waterpump was out. So I began the repair! All I know is if I ever get my hands on the engineer that developed the 460 Ford engine I may need a minute alone w/ him. :devil: Then as Craig Guyer (Braydon's Dad)and I were wrapping up the pump issue on Sunday, I noticed the steel transmission line had a pin hole in it at a point that a rubber hose w/ two clamps would not work. I chose to bypass the cooler with a hose and clamps. (No transmission cooler pulling a loaded 14ft trailer) SO, needless to say, I was one of the last ones to leave the track with the vendors. About 100 miles into the return trip I got the idea to get some hose at a Auto parts store and run the fluid through the additional cooler. WELL, It was Sunday! Everything was closed at 7pm. I robbed a piece of fuel line from the golf cart and connected the lines to the cooler. We ran that sucker all the way home! Got home at 4:30am and the wife had to be at work at 8. Happy camper!
So anyhow, Logan had a good day with a 4th overall. So I'll take it even though I did not really get to touch his quad all weekend.
Sorry I rambled. See you all in Virginia! (I hope LOL) I promise to be more social if there are no "BIG" problems. QUADNANA - The dinner was what I needed just to forget about all this for a minute. Thank You!
Rocky - OHIO

mini racer #39
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey I got a GREAT pic of Logan that I'm going to email to ya! :D

mxdad423
04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey Rocky, sorry to hear about all the trouble you had, you should of said something, I would of came over and lended a hand. We kind of had a bummer also, Brandon qualified in the first round and was happy as he** and like our usual luck he came down with a 102 temp Saturday night and didn't get to run the main on Sunday, he was pretty mad, and wanted me to let him race, but the last time I did that he ended up with pnemonia (I think that how you spell it, LOL) 2 days later, and I was in the dog house for about a month with the wife over that one, so I just couldn't take the chance of that happening again. We won't get to make it to Virginia but we will be at High Point, hope to see you and Logan there.

Kevin Smitley

quadnana7
04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Rocky
I know the luck our new -used motor home gave us problems too as you know we got the thermostat also but Gary didn't have time to put it on said it was cold enough maybe we would't need it but of course pulling those big hills with a heavy 18 ft trailer of course raised the temp so we have to pull over to let it cool down. Then of course that wouldn't be enough something had to happen to our brakes that we have already put everything on that you can put on it is a scary feeling when you get to a light and it is red and you can't stop a big motorhome and trailer. but we finally made it home in one piece so now back to the mechanics we go.
We are still trying to get our bikes dialed in I think we are getting close he did get 2nd in the 70 class in the last moto but with a DNS in 1st that hurts but we are getting there.
Hope to see everyone in VA. The dinner for the CVT Blvd. is going to be Italian Night. Pizza, Spagetti. Meatball Subs, Lasagna, Salads.
By the way Rocky the noodles were to die for. For those of you that didn't get any you have no idea what you missed. I am going to need that recipe. :devil: :D :D

quadnana7
04-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Rocky
I know the luck our new -used motor home gave us problems too as you know we got the thermostat also but Gary didn't have time to put it on said it was cold enough maybe we would't need it but of course pulling those big hill with a heavr 18 ft trailer of course raised the temp so we have to pull over to let it cool down. Then of course that wouldn't be enough something happened to our brakes that we have already put everything on that you can put on it is a scary feeling when you get to a light and it is red and you can't stop a big motorhome and trailer. but we finally made it home in one piece so now back to the mechanics we go.
We are still trying to get our bikes dialed in I think we are getting close he did get 2nd in the 70 class in the last moto but with a DNS in 1st that hurts but we are getting there.
Hope to see everyone in VA. The dinner for the CVT Blvd. is going to be Italian Night. Pizza, Spagetti. Meatball Subs, Lasagna, Salads.
By the way Rocky the noodles were to die for. For those of you that didn't get any you have no idea what you missed. I am going to need that recipe. :devil: :D :D