PDA

View Full Version : removing head light? removing dash/key?

timritchieblue
04-14-2008, 06:58 AM
i put my pro taper bars on, no room for the pad, keeping the dash. now i ordered new fenders, lights got to go, so im not going to need the light on/off switch. how do i remove the switch, and light without just cutting wires, do they plug in? if i remove the dash/key, how do unplug it. im trying to keep this stuff (unbutchered) in stock, for sale/reinstall later

250Renvy
04-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Since you're a newbie, I'd adivse you to search through all this section for any questions and insights.

The first thing you should know is that you bought a pretty decent stock 250R. The more money you put into it an mod it the less money you'll return on those mods. If you want to retain any value, keep anything you take off that is stock original - if it's in good condition and don't lose any little parts.

So with that said to answer your question just follow the light switch to the end where it connects to the wire harness and remove it, there is a little clip you have to press to remove it. No cutting necessary. If you keep the key/dash, that will work as your kill switch. If you don't keep the key/dash, you will want to get a moose (or other) cr style kill switch which will directly plug into that key switchs female end on the wire harness.