-AC Bumper
-AC Nerfs
-AC Grabbar
-OMF Radiator Shrouds
-Moose Racing Bars
-Scott Grips
-Prodesign Killswitch
- TrailTech Enduro Speedo/Computer

And I'll Throw in some Works Triple Rate, Stadium-Series Shocks (The need re-valved, they had both remote Resi's knocked off, but WAY cheaper to fix than to buy new $200 fix for $700 shock)
AND
A Lonestar Racing +1 Steering Stem that only needs the Bar mounts ($70, for a $300+ stem)

I just put a new top-end in it and broke it in right, it has about 13-15 hours on it after the new top end, oil changed every 20-25 ride hours or at least once a month if its sitting. This was going to be my AMA MX Racer this year, but i wrecked my sisters quad and have to pay her back.

I will drive to deliver for .50 a mile. I live in Daleville Indiana.

Message/ e-mail back

(pics are before bars and sone other stuff)

quadman400
04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
were are you located

theupsmanhatesm
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Dalevlille, IN.

Sorry I thought that was on the original post :-/
I can deliver for an extra .50 a mile (free for first 100 miles), or if you set- up shippping I'll be glad to send it out.

quadman400
04-15-2008, 03:35 PM
thanks im in newjersey, but ill think about it

theupsmanhatesm
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I could deliver to New Jersey for an extra $450, if you really wanted to do that....

T&T racing
04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
id like some more pics to treydebbie@aol.com

quadman400
04-16-2008, 08:49 AM
ill think about but can you send me more pics at
ownthe1ce59@mac.com

theupsmanhatesm
04-16-2008, 01:05 PM
sounds good man, let me send you those pics a little later, I'm running late for work right now. I can send you some older ones, but I will take new ones maybe tommorrow.

Old pics sent

quadman400
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
i am gonna talk to my dad about it tonight, but i am very interested

aron450r
04-29-2008, 10:21 PM
interested, can i get more pics?

theupsmanhatesm
04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey this is to everyone who is interested, I was doing a little ride through the yard the other day, when the quad died suddenly ( i was riding at mild speed in a flat-straight line). I imediatly had a friend tow me up to the garage and upon trying to turn the engine over again we noticed the knocking noise from the head. It's a moderate knocking, and we are about 90% that a valve was dropped. With it's current condition i will let it go for $2000 (the work itself after parts should be $40 for a new valve and $120 for the spring kit, but its an oppourtunity to save about $600)

If noone is interested I am fixing it myself and the price will be about $2800 still

Just figured i'd throw this in and see if noone was interested in saving some money and saving me the trouble of the work.

blue_ex_rider
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Not to be rude or take over this forum but a drop valve could be alot worse htne that could need a new pistion and cylinder and maybe even a new head. Just thougt I would throw that out I have dropped to valves and it cost me a head both times. So i would take it apart and look at it first that is just me. It could be just what you said or it could be alot worse you never know. Just so you know and dont sell someone something and be worse then what you thought.

DuwBra
04-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Im about 3 hours away in Lexington KY, other than the little problem how is the quad

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Well, we know about the dropped valve, and like the man posted above it is possible that it could be worse than just the dropped valve. I can tell you though that we suspected it to be a valve problem and after it died have only tried to turn it over one time, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any further damage occured after the machine died, though having not taken the motor apart I can't guarentee anything.

I have to keep the price at $2000 firm because i rolled my sister KFX700 into a creek and basically have to buy her a whole new motor, and that what it's going to cost me all in all, but I still think it's WELL worth at least $2000.

***IMPORTANT***
The quad is receiving an EDLEBROCK PERFORMANCE CARB later this week. This is a $600 carb, but I'm not going to raise the price from the original $2000 because this is honestly all I need out of it.

So now, to reveiw

*Edlebrock Carb
*Full Yoshimura Exhaust
*LoneStar Racing Axle
*DID Chain
*FullBore Plastic
*AC Bumper/Nerfs
*OMF Radiator Shrouds
*NEW ITP rims
*NEW ITP front tires
*NEW Kenda Knarly rear tires
*Ceet Seat Cover
*Moose Racing Bars
*ProDesign Killswitch
*LED Taillight
*K&N Filter

Comes Extra With
*Full set of WORKS front suspension (Pro-series Triple Rate Remote Res.) [Both res have fallen off, but just needs re-valved]
*LoneStar Racing Anti-Vibe Steering Stem [Needs Bar-Mounts, ready to go]

Bad News:
It does have a dropped valve, but prior to breaking had no other troubles. The valve was dropped and we have tried to turn it over ONE time and only ONE time so other damage is unlikely. It's a $200 fix bar any other troubles but this is EASILY a $4000 quad

First $2000 gets it

quadman400
05-01-2008, 08:28 PM
if i buy for 2000 how much will it cost for me to fix it

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, that kinda a difficult question. As i said we are about 90% sure that a valve has dropped, thats what all indications point to but we can't be positive without actually getting in the engine. I'm dropping the price $800 from where it was to compensate. BUT heres where you can get off easy. If it is just the valve then it is less than a $200 fix (Valve is $40 and valve springs are $120 on Motosport.com) and its a pretty simple fix.
But there is a slight risk that it could be worse. If i would have continued trying to ride or run the engine it could have torn up the cylinder, as the guy above me stated. HOWEVER, After the engine died I towed the quad back to my garage and have tried to turn the engine over ONE time, so further damage is VERY unlikely.

*NOTE*

The quad DOES still have compression, so the damage can't be that sever (in my opinion) when we tried to crank it over, we covered the exhaust for 4 cranks of the starter and it did a small backfire which indicates the piston is not shot and still holds compression. In my personal opinion a intake valve was dropped during mild riding and we did the best we could to baby this machine on the return, so I don't think any more damage was done, but like i said i can't guarentee it without taking apart the engine. It's really only going to be about $200, but i really just don't feel like putting in the work anymore, i've all but lost my love for theses machines. If i don't get out from under the 2 quads that are burying me here then i may be ruined for life. So i'm trying to avoid hassle and save someone else the money and trouble here.

The basics is this.
It SHOULD be a $200 fix.
But i can't promise it will be.
So I dropped the price $800, and i'm throwing in a perfectly working $600 Edlebrock Carb to back up my word here...

So go with your gut, I promise i'm not trying to screw anyone over here, I'm just a kid trying to help out others and get out of debt myself.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
sorry if i sounded like i was hurting your thread didnt want to do that. I was just trying to help you so if someone bought it then they wouldnt come back on you. If it still has compression you are prolly ok I have seen alot of dropped valves and some dont hurt nothin but the valve and others hurt the head but if it tears the head up more then likely the pistion would be messed up so you never know. Good Luck with the sell.

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey man your cool, I actually appreciate you bringing this to eveyone's attention. I'm not trying to sneak anything behind anyones back, and it's good for everyone to know that yes there MAY be more wrong with it.

I actually need to be the one appologizing, because i didn't mean to make it seem like I knew for a fact that it was going to be so simple. I appreciate you looking out for everyone, it's a good quality.

No harm done, and thanks for being honest.

speedy00793
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Try to take out the spark plug, if it won't come out then its been mushroomed. Or you could have the head off in less than an hour to see what is the damage.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
No problem man if you dont need money right away i think you would make better money parting this thing out but that is just me

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Yea the spark plug will be the tell for you like speedy said. that will tell you how bad its going to be most likley

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I do kinda need the money right away, but it would deffinatly be a money maker to part it out. It's got so many nice after-market things with the exhaust/carb/plastic/axle/tires/rims and all totaling up to more than i'm asking for it. not to mention the frame is a big seller among the Z's

With a little more time i could make good money parting it out, but i have things to pay for :-/

(I'm on my way out the door now to go take out the plug... so stick around for that answer)

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Alright I will be wanting I just dropped a valve 2 days ago tore up bout 1300 dollars worth if that amkes you feel better. But that was only cause it had a 1100 dollar head on it

speedy00793
05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
If the plug won't come out, dont force it. You'll strip out the threads and cause more damage.

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
LOL
So i dunno where you guys live, but here it's midnight. My parents just caught me going out to the barn at midnight, and when i came back in the house they accused me of being on drugs :-). They thought i went out there to smoke dope or something.

ANYWAYS

I took out the spark-plug, no problem at all. It's a little dark, but no more than usual wear and tear (it's about 1 month old) but not "mushroomed" an i definatly didn't have to force anything at all except my parents to beleive that i'm not high :-)

Took pics tho, of my baby in her current state (the plastic having just come off and the tank being laid off to the side so i could get to the plug easier) and plenty of pics of the plug itself for your approval :-)

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
i would like to look at the bike or hear it turn over. I say either you part it out of fix it because you might be losing some money be selling it for that price. When i dropped the valve it tore the sparks plugs up bad but it also put a whole in the pistiona nd tore the head up.

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/theupsmanhatesme/DSC00529.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/theupsmanhatesme/DSC00530.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/theupsmanhatesme/DSC00531.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/theupsmanhatesme/DSC00532.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/theupsmanhatesme/DSC00533.jpg

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, to be honest... I KNOW i'm loosing money here. I actually paid $2400 for it not even 6 months ago, and i've put plenty of money into it myself... I just need the money now, and I'm ready to get out from under this debt.

People get good deals on quads everyday... someones always got to loose somewhere.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:14 PM
What made you think you dropped a valve

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Heres the whole story...

I was riding in my front yard, nothing too severe nothing near what this quad has seen in its days, when it just died. It was slightly violent kind of death not in noise, it was just so rapid... kinda like it lost its spark all at once (thats actually what I thought happened) Well we noticed 2 things, one that the ground wire had come off (but that alone wouldn't kill the motor) and that it was making a loud *ting* from the top of the head as it rolled. I engaged the clutch to immediatly stop the noise/ damage from the head and had my friend tow me to the garage. My dad and 2 other experienced quad riders from my race team came to the garage with me and when we kicked it over we decided to see if i still had compression (we thought maybe the piston had seized). We plugged the exhaust and cranked the motor 4 times, a VERY loud and distinguished *PING* came from the head with each crank and the quad back-fired. we decided it was an intake valve and to tackle the project another day, but i just lost my job and don't have the money to fix the valve.

In my expectations if i had $200 I could fix the thing tommorrow, but i've been let down before... and quite frankly would just as soon not deal with it. I just want to pay off my sister ( I owe her $14-1500 for HER quad) and everyone else and just step away from it all.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
if it backed fired I would say you dropped a valve just a guess but I would also guess taht it didnt tare the head up just beause its takes a violent hit to tare it up and more than likelyy it woyld ahve tore the spark plug up as well so you prolly can get it fixed cheap . i wish i lived closer we would oull it apart and finsd out real quick what the problem was . But if it were me i would pull it apart and fix it or part out but if you dont mind losing money then let it go

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, yet again a problem here, I DO mind loosing the money I just don't have the money to fix the small problem i have :-/

(thanks for all the help by the way)

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
wats the bottom dollar you take on it and were in Indiana you located

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
$2000 is already $800 BELLOW my bottom dollar, and that was before i threw on the Edlebrock...

I'll stick to $2000
and I'm in Daleville, IN.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
If I hadnt of just tore everythign up on mne i would take it . If i come up with the money I will let you know I gotta see what i can do .

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Alrighty... I think i'm going to hit the sack for now, but let me know man.

Thanks again for the advise and help.

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:44 PM
No problem another idea sell the carb and get the money to fix it lol.

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
lol, I had actually thought about doing that.
I looked on ebay, and for a used Edlebrock I think I could fetch about $400 if i get lucky... enought to fix it and buy a stocker to put back on it :)

If only I were so lucky :-)

blue_ex_rider
05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Its worth a try i guess

speedy00793
05-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I'll offer $1650 and you keep the Edlebrock carb.

theupsmanhatesm
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I've PMed you, and no. I'm loosing enough money off this deal already and I'm not willing to loose any more, I'm sorry.

quadman400
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
so can u deliver to jersey i will pay u an extra like $400

theupsmanhatesm
05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
So, I was feeling eager to work today having my first day off of work in far too long, and I went out to tear down the Z that started this post to begin with.

HERES HOW IT ALL BREAKS DOWN:

Prior to buying the quad, and un-known to me, the previous owner broke the cam chain (he failed to tell me this). Well 2 chunks of aluminum were busted off inside the case eah about the size of the nail on your thumb. They replaced the chain and figured they would sell it before it got ruined completely.

After I bought it (about 5 weeks ago) and rode it around maybe 5 hours those chunks of aluminum bouced up to the plastic gear that drives the oil pump and tore off almost every tooth on said gear (see pic below). Thus the oil pump stopped pumping, gears started grinding, and all of the damage i mistaked to be a dropped valve insued. The total damage report is that both cams are toast, piston and jug are still in perfect condition (the cams went first) and I don't have the money to fix it.

So, if you have a Z check Ebay often, because I'm parting out everything that still works on it. Everything from the Jug, piston, a-arms, carb, shocks, plastic, air-box, right down to the clutch basket.... you name it and if it's not compromised I'll sell it to you cuz I need to make my money back on this $2400 hunk of junk.

theupsmanhatesm
05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
another pic

blue_ex_rider
05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Smartest thign you ahve done was part it out lol.

theupsmanhatesm
05-02-2008, 11:08 PM
you know honestly, I bought this thing with just PERFECT "me" style. I paid for it just in time to watch it blow up. If the guy i bought it from would have spent less than 5 more hours on the thing, it woul dhave blown up just before i bought it... but i couldn't be that lucky...

I actually just posetd it up as a rolling chassis, to see if anyone wants to take it off my hands like that before i go ripping into it...
$2000 and i'll have that ******* spit-shined inside and out when i deliver it.

I figure worst case scenario, I could part it out still and make alot more than $2000 :-/

Ehh, win-win in a way. :-/

blue_ex_rider
05-02-2008, 11:11 PM
If you sell the wheels and tires let me know

theupsmanhatesm
05-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll be sure to....