View Full Version : trx250ex loosing power

zdaytona
04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
i have a 07 trx250ex with a k+n air filter,fmf 4 slip on,and running a 102 dynojet. this just started last weekend when i got the bike stuck in mud.. i can be riding and its running great then it just bogs total power loss then when i slow down and down shift takes like 30 seconds and runs great agian like nothing happened.. im confused this happened after going over woops and puddles. now it ran great right before and right after.. any ideas???????

BR16250
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
mud getting in the engine? try goinig 104 or 106 on the jet

zdaytona
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
no mud didnt get in and the dynojet is a 102 because thats the closest one to a honda 105 jet. the issue happens when going over woops and or racing down a bumpy road.. doesnt happen all the time just in them conditions.my thought was maybe the fuel is cavitating and if so since it has a larger jet size does one have to reajust float lvl to compinsate for fuel demand ???

prairiemonster
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Sounds like dirt/water in the carb.
Carb air vent closed.
Something wrong with fuel float.
K/N hates water and mud!
It's going to be dirt in the carb,if it ran fine till you hit the mud.
Drain the gas out of the carb into a white cup and look for dirt look for water too.
If you just changed jets they could be loose.

300exOH
04-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree...you could have dirt in the carb. I had a similar problem recently and found out that I had a piece of dirt stuck in the pilot jet. Very similar symptoms to what you are describing. I couldn't just spray carb cleaner through the jet...I had to use a thin piece of wire to push out the dirt in the jet. Pull your pilot/main jets and look through them toward a light source. That's the only way I could tell mine was clogged.