PDA

View Full Version : single throttle cable ?s

stoneman
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Im just now getting around to installing a single throttle cable I got from Gary last fall. The stock cable is @ 1in longer than this one. When I run it thru the adjuster and into the top of the carb, it doesnt even come out? It is a 2006 90cc
:confused: :confused: :confused:

drxracing
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
you need to cut off some of the black rubber and metal off the cable from the side that gose on the carb and it should work

ecmini1
04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Did you ck the adjustment screw on the cable? Make sure it was adjusted all the way in.

bulldogfallon
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
The single pull cable is actually a bit long and leaves a little slack in the throttle response

We usually use a small piece of oil injector line (1/8" to 3/16") in the adaptor on top of the carb to get rid of this excess play.

stoneman
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
The inline adjuster is all the way in. The adjuster at the top of the carb is all the way in.
When I install the new cable into the adjuster at top of carb and thru the metal elbow that is part of the carbs top, none of the cable comes thru. I measured the amount of cable that sticks out the stock cable housing. It is 1 in longer than the cable that sticks out of my single line. Are there different sizes? What am I mising here?
Thanks cb

bulldogfallon
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by stoneman
The inline adjuster is all the way in. The adjuster at the top of the carb is all the way in.
When I install the new cable into the adjuster at top of carb and thru the metal elbow that is part of the carbs top, none of the cable comes thru. I measured the amount of cable that sticks out the stock cable housing. It is 1 in longer than the cable that sticks out of my single line. Are there different sizes? What am I mising here?
Thanks cb

Your 90 has a 16mm Mikuni carb?

If so, then this cable will not work without a little extra work

stoneman
04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Please enlighten me as to the extra work. I need this back together asap
Thanks cb in ky

bulldogfallon
04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by stoneman
Please enlighten me as to the extra work. I need this back together asap
Thanks cb in ky

I didn't do it and went back to the dual pull cable due to time constraints

You will need to find a fitting that screws into the top of the carb that allows enough adjustment for the cable....

The elbow in the top of the carb has to be removed and a fitting similar to what is found on other carbs needs to be installed, but longer...not 100% sure where to find one....

bulldogfallon
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Can you upgrade your carb?