PDA

View Full Version : what do your triple rate works sound like?

YZROOSTINYA
11-25-2002, 06:02 AM
I just picked up a set off works triple rate w/out rezzies for the 400ex. they supposedly have 2 motos on them. they are set up for a 175-200 pound rider, mx

i am about 190-195 with gear.

they sound kinda weird. you can hear all the fluid on the inside sloshing around?

they seem alot better over ruts and stuff. i havent had a chance to do some jumps yet. they seem better but just weird. i have barely riden on them so i can't honestly say.

also they dont sag at all. maybe a 1"

and the first spring only moves about a 1/4-1/2" since there is one of those metal rings inside to stop it. then the second spring moves about 1/2-3/4" for the same reason. should those spacer stops be removed? the springs and rest of the shock look in good condition and the seller had like 200 positives on ebay so i dont see why he would lie?

i think i might send them in to be built for rezzies and my weight?

how much would that be?

would it make a diff?

11-25-2002, 07:42 AM
The shocks are doing everything there supposed too,,don't remove the spacers either..:devil

OCCRA288
11-25-2002, 08:31 AM
As a cross country racer, we tend to remove the crossover rings on our shocks. Helps the shock use more travel. play with the preload a little bit and see if you can get it to sag more.

Texan32
11-25-2002, 12:15 PM
yz
the shocks you baught are not really going to sag like a pair of elka's would. Thats not the type of shocks they are. if you want them to drop down, i would suggest giving jeff a call. They can take your shocks, revalve them to your desire AND they can conver them to SSD.

What you are describing is exactley what the shocks are supposed to do. They do make more noise, but thats because they are actively working. Like occra said, the ring are what control the transition from one spring to the next. The are supposed to be there. You can change them, but that is much more involved than i know about.

mysticfalcon
11-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Call the quadshop they have mine right now to get rezzies added and do a SSD conversion to them. I'll let you know how they do when they get back.

Z-King
11-25-2002, 01:21 PM
i have heard a lot of complaints abought works

Z-King
11-25-2002, 01:21 PM
but do you like them

YZROOSTINYA
11-27-2002, 05:54 AM
i havent really had a chance to really get on em. i will be riding this weekend. so far they seem a good bit better

11-27-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Z-King
but do you like them

I've abused my works shocks from hard XC racing and riding to 70 foot leaps on a MX track... I've got no complaints about them..no there not the best,,but are they junk,,BY no means.:blah