PDA

View Full Version : Helmet two ways "bluetooth"?

ojcool
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Any of you guys use helmet two ways? We tried to do the talkabout's with helmet headsets last year and it didn't work very well, too many wires, too unreliable. We are looking to all get the same setup with the newer wireless versions. Have any of you had any experience with these? Can you hear them over performance exhausts? Are they practical at all for trail riding? What brand ect?

sleddog66
04-14-2008, 04:37 AM
I use the chatterbox gmsrx 5 mile radios for snowmobiling. No extra wires. These are the best that I have found, and I have used about 5 or 6 set ups. you can understand each other up to about 75 mph. 75-100mph gets kinda tough due to noise of engine and wind. A loud pipe may cause problems at lower speeds. You will not carry on a conversation with any radio.......they are not that clear, but You will learn to kinda figure out what the other person is saying like..........BIG BUMP! or INCOMING! You can figure less than 1/2 the advertised distance of the radio. These go about 2 miles. :D p.s. our sled pipe is about 93 db