PDA

View Full Version : Who knows glamis pretty well????

beerock
11-25-2002, 01:54 AM
I need directions to glamis from, either los angelas or sand diego.

im going to be in LA for thanks giving and I know of 20-30 close friends that have trailered out from NYC/NJ area.

I damn well wont go all the way to La and not go see my friends out in glamis.(this is my first time on the west coast)

does anyone know if there will be places to rent sand rails or quads? I doubt i could rent a quad that is tricked out so maybe a sand rail would be better. heck I could ride my friends r's.

First things first though.....

Anyone know where gecko road is?

all my friends are parked on gecko road.....

so I need to get to gecko road in glamis......from sandiego or L.A.

I would really appreciate any help with this, I will pretty much be a tourist. :rolleyes:

I leave for L.a. on wednesday morning so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey maybe I can even meet up with some fellow exriders?

pssst got a bike for me to ride?:D

exriderdude
11-25-2002, 09:19 AM
:blah :blah www.glamisdunes.com

own2424
11-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Str8Wicked (LA) or GLamis400ex (SD) could help you im sure...I just saw their names in the Dunes section...;)

Wired
11-25-2002, 01:53 PM
Bee how long you going to be out there? im coming to LA december 3rd? you going to be out there still?

Wired
11-25-2002, 01:55 PM
oh yeah, im probably riding the dunes with the boys while im down there.... would be a kick @ss time if you stayed ;)

own2424
11-25-2002, 02:09 PM
December 21st Ill be there.....cant wait!:blah

speedfreaky
11-25-2002, 02:11 PM
can i go wif yu guys

beerock
11-25-2002, 02:36 PM
damn t jon, Im leavin the 2nd.

I thoought we were leavin the 5th, and its 100 bux to change the date of myy ticket.

I dont have a quad to ride so I really wouldnt have much fun.

the sand rail and maybe ill ride my friends bikes while im out there...

Im thinkin if i should bring my helmet with me or not...I think I would bug out if i have to wear one of my friends sweaty helmets....

XANDADA
11-25-2002, 02:49 PM
I talked to a buddy last night who lives in San Diego. We were trying to figure out a time to get together and head out there ourselves. He said he has heard that Competition and Olds hill is closed after dark Thanksgiving weekend. I hope he's wrong - that's when it gets interesting...

beerock
11-25-2002, 08:56 PM
yup it is closed..... only comp hill..... though, theres other hills.....

when are you goin there?

XANDADA
11-26-2002, 07:18 AM
I was looking at the second weekend in December but doubt it will work out. If not then maybe over New Year's. I've been there twice before and that place is one of the best things I've ever experienced. People have too much money out there - driving up in million dollar motor homes pulling trailers with another 250k in toys. Not just one or two people like that but dozens! If memory serves me right it was like a 3.5 hour drive from where he lives in San Diego. Have fun and be safe, let me know how it was....

QuadJunkies
11-26-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by beerock
yup it is closed..... only comp hill..... though, theres other hills.....

when are you goin there? Wish I could join you,have fun :D even though you will have a rail, you will still have a blast,we have rented them before a few times in Florence and they really are fun,if you ever hit the West coast in the summer look me up:) have fun and be safe..

beerock
11-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
3.5 hour drive
dude dont scare me.
I was otld its an hour away, and looks like it on the map
quadjunkies are you goin to glamis this weekend?

XANDADA
11-26-2002, 02:12 PM
ya, 3.5 hours from spring valley a suburb of San Diego. Take a better look at that map! Now that's pulling a trailer with 4 quads on it through a lot of hills so maybe you can make better time but it definately wasn't anywhere near an hour. Totally worth it.

own2424
11-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Bee, take madd pics! Have Fun! Lemme know how it is?! Ill be visiting Glamis for the second time this year in December!

dariusld
11-26-2002, 02:17 PM
I live in the south part of San Diego and it takes 2.5 to 3 hours. The other guys in the riding group live in the east part of town and its 2 hours for them. 3.5 hours from Spring Valley means he is going 50mph. My other friend in Chula Vista(even closer to Glamis than me) takes 4.0 hours because he drives slooooow. It matters where you live in town but its roughly 150 miles. All of us towing trailers.

QuadJunkies
11-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by beerock

dude dont scare me.
I was otld its an hour away, and looks like it on the map
quadjunkies are you goin to glamis this weekend? I wish I could, but too much going on to make it this year, I have to start saving for the trip for summer, and some new accessories to go with the trip!Have a good trip and be safe..;)