PDA

View Full Version : western ky? riders

timritchieblue
04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
i just bought my quad, looking for people to ride with in western ky, i only know of 2 riding spots, turkey bay, and paddys bluff? havent been to ethier, but i live real close to both.

timritchieblue
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
update, just found out paddys is closed/sold, not going to re open?

smr
04-14-2008, 05:54 AM
big group of us just rode this last weekend at Turkey Bay.

what kind of quad you got?

timritchieblue
04-14-2008, 06:18 AM
i just bought an 88 trx 250r, im waiting on parts right now, but everthings in the mail. it will be ready in 2-3 weeks, mabee it will dry up?

smr
04-14-2008, 08:26 AM
nice....if you need any parts let me know. I got a buddy that has tons of parts for those things.

I ride a yfz450.

let me know when you want to go riding and we will meet you down there.

timritchieblue
05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
BUMP

mattn03
05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Ah, I envy where you live! Close to LBL and close to my favorite resturant...Patty's!!! I grew up in Muhlenberg Co. (Central City/Greenville area), but now live south of Lexington. I also graduated from Murray State a few years ago. I ride LBL a couple times a year usually with a friend that lives in Benton. LBL & Paddy's Bluff are the only nearby places I know of in your area. :(

timritchieblue
05-03-2008, 09:12 AM
planing a big ride at lbl on june 13-14, got about 10 of us going so far? anyone want to go?

RTJ
05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
LITTLE EGYPT OFF ROAD PARK
CRAB ORCHARD IL. IT TAKES LESS THAN 2 HRS PULLING A TRAILER. REAL NICE PLACE

smr
05-05-2008, 06:22 AM
looks like we will be at turkey bay this week (may 10th). We will arrive on Friday and leave on Saturday afternoon.

it will be me and my son.

timritchieblue
05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
im working, but im going next thurs, and fri

Pojo450r
05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
i live in clarksville tn we ride at turkey bay alot mabey we can all ride one day we rode there sun may 4th i hit a tree and seprated my collar bone from shoulder so have to heal up first but already lookin foward to it

mavrck
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
me and a few friends are going riding memorial day but i can't decide where to go lbl or black moutian i have a yzf 450 .what do ya'll think i should

Pojo450r
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
i have never been to black mountian but turkey bay is real fun alot of huge hills

smr
05-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by mavrck
me and a few friends are going riding memorial day but i can't decide where to go lbl or black moutian i have a yzf 450 .what do ya'll think i should

Black Moutian...turkey bay will be so crowded and dusty that you want be able to enjoy yourself.

timritchieblue
05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
where is this black mountain? i hope my bike doesn't get sold, there selling so cheap, im not giving mine away! if someone wants it there going to pay

mattn03
05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by timritchieblue
where is this black mountain? i hope my bike doesn't get sold, there selling so cheap, im not giving mine away! if someone wants it there going to pay

It's in Harlan Co. which is the far southeastern corner of KY. Check out this (http://www.harlancountytrails.com/) site.

Pojo450r
05-11-2008, 09:59 AM
looks good but a long way to drive

timritchieblue
05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
going back to turkey bay, round 2. i hope its as good as last time, we had a group of 7 quads, kfx 400, ltz400's, 500 preditors, and my trx 250r. 20 years ahead of its time!!!!!!

timritchieblue
05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
ANYONE UP FOR SOME RIDING???? THIS THURS, OR FRI?

timritchieblue
05-15-2008, 12:49 PM
GOING TO TURKEY BAY ON FRI 5/16???? PROB GOING TO GET A LITTLE MUDDY

mattn03
05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
GOING TO TURKEY BAY ON FRI 5/16???? PROB GOING TO GET A LITTLE MUDDY

Call them before you go-they might be closed if ya'll got that much rain. At least you're close if you have to turn around & come back! :D

jonb45
05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I plan on going to turkey bay this coming weekend, either sat or sun. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

RTJ
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
if you ever go to turkey bay and it's closed or to crowded there's another place on the other side of lake barkley called LINTON see details at thumpertalk.com , where to ride forum and click on ky

smr
05-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
if you ever go to turkey bay and it's closed or to crowded there's another place on the other side of lake barkley called LINTON see details at thumpertalk.com , where to ride forum and click on ky

dude...Linton has been closed since april 7th. Unless something has happened that I don't know about.

smr
05-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by jonb45
I plan on going to turkey bay this coming weekend, either sat or sun. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

There is a really good chance I will be there Sunday. I drive a white F250 and pull a white inclosed trailer with #12 on the door.

timritchieblue
05-20-2008, 10:26 AM
im ready for sun, lets set a time and get a ride together?????

timritchieblue
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
be there, anyone?

RTJ
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
SMR
EXCUSE ME DUDE, just trying to be helpful

smr
05-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
SMR
EXCUSE ME DUDE, just trying to be helpful

No big deal, at least we got the word to him before he drove down there.

I don't know if yall realize it but since January we have lost 3 riding areas in western Ky. There was only 5 that I knew of. Now we only have Turkey bay and Royal ATV.

Since I have been riding here is a list of legal riding areas in western Ky that I've seen close.

Ft Campbell.............................gone
Daniel Boone (princeton).........gone
Tripple E..................................gone
Paddy's Bluff............................gone
Linton......................................gone

and also 143 just south of the border...gone.

I have also seen Turkey Bay get cut in half.

timritchieblue....I am about 50/50 on being able to make it Sunday. I have a small farm and I may be bailing hay, If not then I will most likely load up and come on down. I will try to let you know something before the weekend.

RTJ
05-21-2008, 07:29 AM
SMR
SORRY if i came across a little ill. was linton closed permantly or just for a while due to high lake water

smr
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by RTJ
SMR
SORRY if i came across a little ill. was linton closed permantly or just for a while due to high lake water

I never took it wrong....everything is cool.

From what the papers says, for good.

this was taken from local paper.

A large, and at times, boisterous crowd gathered at the Linton Volunteer Fire Department on April 26 to hear bad news from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Linton Off-Road Vehicle Area will be closed to riders effective April 28 until further notice.
Lake Barkley Lake Manager Mike Looney called upon the crowd to show respect to Corps employees, adjacent landowners and riders. “We are here to hear what you think about this, not to answer questions.” He added that Corps employees circulated sign up sheets with attached comment cards that could be mailed in with questions. Looney said that attendees submitting cards could expect an answer for all questions in four to six weeks.
According to Looney, the Dry Creek-Linton riding area covers 975 total acres though is not a part of the Linton Recreation Area, including a boat ramp, beach and picnic area. He said that the Corps gave legal permission on an interim basis to use the Dry Creek area for off-road vehicles in 1978.
“Since the mid-1990’s, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in riders and complaints,” said Looney. “The number one complaint has been trespassing on private property, but we have seen erosion, sanitation issues, and destruction of habitat. The Corps is responsible for the protection of the land and that leaves us with no alternative but to close the area to off-road vehicle use. The gate for the unloading area will be locked on Monday.”
As the area is closed by the Corps, Looney warned that riders disregarding the closure could expect to pay a $275 fine if caught. “Just because we have closed it for off-road vehicles, doesn’t mean we are closing it to anything else. If people wanting to hunt, fish or hike in the area, that is fine. Just because it is closed to ATV’s now, doesn’t mean it will always have to be.”
Looney called upon riders to organize into a group and accept responsibility for the stewardship of the off-road vehicle area and to manage fellow riders to prevent trespassing, vandalism, unsafe riding practices and destruction of property.
After his brief address, Looney opened the floor to public comments, asking Trigg Sheriff Randy Clark to keep a time limit for speakers to three minutes, and to keep order during the hearing.
Linda Johnson spoke first, saying she represented an organization of over 60 riders, including children in western Kentucky. “To think that we can’t ride makes me want to cry. Four-wheelers are not the only ones breaking the law. We have people drinking and driving or boating, and we’re not shutting down boat ramps.” She introduced a child who said that he regularly removed his trash and garbage left by others from the site.
James Kilcoyne, who lives immediately across the highway from the riding area said that riders opened his gate, crossed his property and resumed riding on other land. He added that as ridership increased, noise levels increased. Kilcoyne said that several riders had illegally entered the road. After a story in which Kilcoyne had been quoted in the last edition of The Cadiz Record, he said that ATV riders drove their truck onto his driveway and loudly revved the engine.

RTJ
05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
that's a shame that some ruin it for everyone. people need to wake up as you stated we are losing our riding places quickly. who's to say they won't do the same to turkey bay

timritchieblue
05-23-2008, 09:58 PM
sat morning?????? 9 am????

Striker49
06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by smr

Ft Campbell.............................gone
Daniel Boone (princeton).........gone
Tripple E..................................gone
Paddy's Bluff............................gone
Linton......................................gone

and also 143 just south of the border...gone.

#1 reason I just sold mine. Hell, cops tried runnin people out of a local creek last year. Needless to say, the cops broke a few arms and drown a few Rhino's while tryin to chase people.

Its getting damn rediculous and I got tired of payin $60 to LBL for a year pass. Used to be like $30 when I first started ridin up there.

fastredrider44
06-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Are you referring to Soldier Creek?

There's another spot you can add to the gone list... Wildcat

I would've been seeing ya'll at Turkey, but my fourwheeler is still blown up from the Gamaliel race. When I get it back together, I'll be there. If you ever see a squad of multi-colored Honda 450s, a KTM525, and a blue and a yellow YFZ, all scooting at a good pace, you've found us.

timritchieblue
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
ya, sold my quad, went to two wheel action on/off road, got a xt600, i can still go to turkey bay. now i ride their, and ride home. 60 mpg.

smr
06-13-2008, 09:12 AM
ya, sold my quad, went to two wheel action on/off road, got a xt600, i can still go to turkey bay. now i ride their, and ride home. 60 mpg.

Sounds good. I also got a DRZ400s that is street legal. Not only can you ride at Turkey bay you can also ride anywhere you want at LBL. They have forest roads all over that place that are legal for us. the folks at kentuckyriders is planning a ride there real soon, you should jone us.

timritchieblue
06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
sounds good, let me know

fastredrider44
06-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a KTM525exc that is recently street legal. I'm game. My budy has a KLR650 that he rides too, so Look for us hitting up those fire roads. I'll save Turkey for my quad with true "knobbies" on it.

timritchieblue
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
im off on 7/5,6,7,8,9,17,18,26,27,28,29,30 what day can we go???????????? lets get something going????????

smr
06-19-2008, 06:42 AM
sounds good but I'm going out west to ride the sand dunes, I should be back around the 4th so yall let me know what you decide.

mavrck
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
I LIVE ABOUT 30 MINS FROM ROYAL ATV ALWAYS DOWN TO GO RIDING IF ANYBODYS OUT THAT WAY ALSO HAVE A LOCAL PLACE TO GO THAT IS JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS ROYAL BUT COULD BE BETTER IF I COULD FIND SOME PEOPLE THAT WOULD WANT TO MAKE SOME NEW TRAILS.

miller821
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by RTJ
LITTLE EGYPT OFF ROAD PARK
CRAB ORCHARD IL. IT TAKES LESS THAN 2 HRS PULLING A TRAILER. REAL NICE PLACE

If you ever go out their, send me an email and i'll meet you their... I live like 15 minutes away.

mavrck
07-09-2008, 07:50 PM
anybody riding this weekend

timritchieblue
07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
turkey bay pass 4 sale? good till 3/09, $20.00 i live in grand rivers, ky

smr
07-10-2008, 06:35 AM
has it ever been on a bike? If not I'll take it.

mavrck
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
wheres everybody going for labor day

smr
07-16-2008, 06:36 AM
I will most likely go to Turkey bay or we may camp on our farm.

fastredrider44
07-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Gosh, that's too far off to know yet. Ask me that weekend.:blah: